I've been researching several aspects of security management on different sites and forums lately on my own time to determine where the market is heading for security, IDS, protocol layer scanning, packet analisys etc. Many aspectes of intrustion prevention can easily be accomplished with a variety of tools available for free use, but, this method seems to require a higher amount of human intervention. Central management or console management is more methodical, and would be a possible candidate for putting into production.

But, looking ahead, it seems that the new market trend will grow into 24/7/365 third party monitoring and tech notification. I'm not really at a point to say which method would most benefit the co I work for, I just see that the importance of having something a system in place will become an urgent issue when we begin to add users, remote agents and office tennants. I'm sure that many of you have reviewed many of the products available, but tell me if you know anything about the below link.
http://www.cissr.com/products.htm

After downloading the trial version of Retina, the sales girl has kept calling. So, I eventually make it to Retina local sales guy and then to cissr. If you have any info on these guys, or any thoughts on the subject, let me know.