Thread: Overall Antipoint Status of a Thread

AO French Antique News Whore

Overall Antipoint Status of a Thread

It was posted before but I'll post again hoping another run will solve the problem!

It's too easy to change the overall antipoint status of a thread. Today, I just assign positive AP using the 25% adjustment and the thread move all the way from even to extremely positive. See this thread: http://www.antionline.com/showthread...hreadid=265911

I really don't think that changing the code so the number of AP need to get a thread status is raise and/or putting more status with very high AP requirement is hard to put in this site. Only 2 pages use the AP; index.php and showthread.php.

AO Members, please post your approval if you want that change. Even a small yes means a lot to intmon.

Thank you.
    -Simon \"SDK\"

Just a Virtualized Geek MrLinus's Avatar
    You know what. Rather than change that code, why not re-adjust the APs for all of those over a certain amount? (call it inflation or prime rate )

So for all of those with say (arbitrary number) 9000+, cut that number in half (that is, those with 9000 will become 4500; those with 10,000 become 5000, and so on).

Goodbye, Mittens (1992-2008). My pillow will be cold without your purring beside my head
    Extra! Extra! Get your FREE copy of Insight Newsletter||MsMittens' HomePage

They call me the Hunted foxyloxley's Avatar
    It is possible that another member hit at the same time ?

I thought that it took about 30 AP's to send a post 'extremeley pos' ?
    I give approx 26 - 28 and send a post to 'very pos'

If you had used 25% and took it to 'extremley pos' then that implies that you have approx 120+ AP's at 100% which at the rough guide of 1% of your AP total = your 'hit' = you to have around 12 000 AP's ?
    so now I'm in my SIXTIES FFS
    WTAF, how did that happen, so no more alterations to the sig, it will remain as is now

Beware of Geeks bearing GIF's
    come and waste the day :P at The Taz Zone

Maybe someone send him AP at the same that I did or I did click the correct button. Probably to fast, MsMittens could find that out.

But still, I just gave you AP. With a 25% punch, I gave ya 10 AP. That mean a full punch is 40 AP for me. I just did a test on a thread ( http://www.antionline.com/showthread...hreadid=265912 ). A 75% punch send the thread from even to extremely positive and I gave it 30 AP. I did another test on another thread ( http://www.antionline.com/showthread...hreadid=265765 ) with a 50% punch (20 AP) and the thread was send very positive.

It's SOO easy for a thread to get over 30ap now. Those number need to change.

By the way, a few users have over 12 000 AP.
    -Simon \"SDK\"

They call me the Hunted foxyloxley's Avatar
    I see what you are getting at now ........... Sorry about that.

Yes : I agree, lift the threshold on how many AP's to get a thread to 'extremley positive'.
    Or, as was suggested in site sugestions [which was lucky] how about an extra level of super / ultra / hyper positive ?

And don't forget, re:- the AP's :
    the hit varies depending on which forum you are in, and whether you have been giving lots of green, then more green will lower your punch, likewise, lots of reds will lower the hit if you continue to neg.

I am aware that there are a few over 12000 AP's.
    I've had that 'pleasure' of hits positive AND negative that were over 70 AP's at a time.
    so now I'm in my SIXTIES FFS
    WTAF, how did that happen, so no more alterations to the sig, it will remain as is now

Beware of Geeks bearing GIF's
    come and waste the day :P at The Taz Zone

I did my test in Tech Humour and here. AP are probably less valuable in those forum.
    -Simon \"SDK\"