Thread: Cute Flash Movie I made

Flash M0nkey

Cute Flash Movie I made

http://users.martlev.com/~valhallen/monkey

just wanted to try out flash with PHP

v_Ln

That bugger nevers gets fat. how does he do it

very cute !
    StreetsCrack.com Join The Best Music Social Network Online. Music downloads, promotions, forums, profile, games etc...

********** |ceWriterguy
    That bugger never craps either - maybe it's all those bananas he's eating?
    Even a broken watch is correct twice a day.

Which coder said that nobody could outcode Microsoft in their own OS? Write a bit and make a fortune!

Kant jump very hi.. mus have eaten 1000 bananas to many
    "Consumer technology now exceeds the average persons ability to comprehend how to use it..give up hope of them being able to understand how it works." - Me http://www.cybercrypt.co.nr

Thanks Val~

I can see applications in the educational field for that sort of stuff. I had not seen the potential before...............nice that guys like yourself are keeping an eye on things for lazy old farts like me.

I know it has nothing to do with computer security, but who cares?.............I always liked the idea of the "one stop shop" myself.............gives you more time to select your bars

Flash M0nkey
    heh no probs nihil - if you want source or anything just drop me a PM and I'll email it across

v_Ln

maybe this is over my head but all i saw was a php page with a flash movie of a monkey. why are you so excited nihil? one stop shopping?

Flash M0nkey
    actually the page itself was straight HTML - it had the .php extension out of habit am afraid...and its not a movie its an application

I think nihil was talking about the server side commnication from flash to the flat file. Flash itself cannot read/write from a flatfile or database - so you need to load/pass variables from another server side scripting langauge in this case php.

This is a growing area where developers are now using Flash to build fancy GUI's for client interfacing with their server side scripting.

Although this file only displays the basics - the application is the same no matter what. The php file could be reading from a database containg thousands of customer details - sorting them and presenting Flash with the requested information....or as in this case counting the number of bananas a monkey has eaten - either way the way in which Flash passes/recieves the information from PHP is the same.

Now what do you think would be an easier example to show a class?

v_Ln

oh, that is cool i didnt realize it was keeping track of the banannas that everybody fed it in real time like that, i thought it just started out counting at a number over 2000 to make it funny.

Hi slinky~

why are you so excited nihil? one stop shopping?
    Sorry about that, got a little carried away. The "one stop shop" refers to AO..............I pick up useful ideas like this one, even though they are not security related (but could be used to teach security?)

The "one stop shop" concept is from the retail store/supermarket, where you can get anything and everything you want, from just the one store?

I think nihil was talking about the server side commnication from flash to the flat file. Flash itself cannot read/write from a flatfile or database - so you need to load/pass variables from another server side scripting langauge in this case php.
    Quite true, to begin with, Flash struck me as very interesting, but limited...............now we can include databases and flat files, it is a different issue. I find it has great potential in the educational field, which I am just taking a qualification in (new rules )

Cheers