Thread: Testifying in a Computer Crimes Case

Testifying in a Computer Crimes Case

http://www.windowsecurity.com/articl...er-Crimes.html

Remember that jury members (and the judge, for that matter) are probably not technology experts. Make sure your answers are clear and simple enough for non-techies to understand. Avoid jargon and acronyms, even the ones that seem obvious to you (the average juror doesn't know what DNS is, and may not even know what DSL is). Don't "talk down" to the jury.
    And in the case of many of our members no swearing or name calling.
    \"You got a mouth like an outboard motor..all the time putt putt putt\" - Foghorn Leghorn

AOs Resident Troll
    Personally

I always try not to talk down users. Just cause I know more about computers then they do ...doesn't make me any smarter then them. I dont know how to do thier job...and they dont know how to do mine. I just try and provide with the tools for them to work smarter and prevent the company from losing data eg..files stored locally .

Then there is the otherside ..the paper pros...all the diplomas..certs..etc

The ones with all those letters beside their name...but no real experience

and dumb, dumb dumb!!!

As I always say

"Just cause your a doctor.....dosent make you a good one!"

I know my clients appreciate me making this effort
    they keep calling

MLF
    How people treat you is their karma- how you react is yours-Wayne Dyer

I always try not to talk down users.
    As my grandfather always said "The toes you step on today may be attached to the ass you have to kiss tomorrow"
    \"You got a mouth like an outboard motor..all the time putt putt putt\" - Foghorn Leghorn

Only once I was summoned to sit on a jury...which is a rarity in Canada...never found out what kind of trial it was going to be because it was pled before going to trial and I received notice in the mail that my services would no longer be required. Most cases in Canada don't require a jury...or rarely get to that stage.