Thread: hard drive questions?

hard drive questions?

1.) i have two hard drives: one with windows on it and the other a storage drive, will the
    storage drive be affected if i format the one with windows on it and reinstall windows? will windows demand that i reformat the storage drive or anything wierd like that? i know this probably sounds like a dumb question but i just wanna be sure so i dont loose my stuff.

2.) whats the point of specifying a partition type when i partition my drive with fdisk, cfdisk, etc. when what really matters is when i format my drive and the filesystem gets written? are there any programs out there that will partition and format? i usually partition and then end up having to format the drive during the OS installation.

The storage drive should be OK...............just disconnect it if you are unsure................I do not care what the Windows bashers have to say, it does complain if required

if i plug it in after the install will windows try to format it or anything? windows does crazy stuff by itself sometimes.

Hi mate!.................Windows will not be that gross, trust me.............

If it comes at you with that sort of stuff then post or PM me, because you have a bigger problem??

Good luck!

ok, thanx what about the second question?