Cure for bad dates!

Thread: Cure for bad dates!

AO French Antique News Whore

Cure for bad dates!

With Valentine's Day looming, a mobile phone company in Australia has come to the rescue with a service offering an escape from the date from hell.

All a person has to do is discreetly dial three numbers and then hang up without saying a word.

"Virgin Mobile will call them back a minute later with a perfect excuse to get them out of there. We'll even talk them through what to say," the company, a joint venture of the Virgin Group and Optus, said in a statement.

A survey of 402 people by Virgin Mobile found that 53 percent arrange in advance to have a friend call them mid-date to check whether they are all right or need an excuse to get out.

The results showed women were twice as likely as men to use the tactic.

For those whose previous dates have gone badly and prompted thoughts of vengeful, drunken phone calls, Virgin Mobile also offers a service that will keep them from dialing numbers they might later regret having dialed.
    Source :
    -Simon \"SDK\"

They call me the Hunted foxyloxley's Avatar
    3rd Rock from Sun
    In the UK, on BBC radio 1, they had a number, which you could give out to someone who asked, but to whom you didn't really want any more was the radio's answer service, set up as a voice mail.

They called it 'Flirt Divert'
    And they recorded and played on air some of the 'best'.

My favourite : A lad who was REALLY sorry, but he MIGHT have passed on SOMETHING ......and advising her to see a doctor.

Another was from a girls MOTHER, trying to get in touch with her daughter, on her new mobile.

There were quite a few that made me chuckle, proof, that there really are some total prats out there.
    55 - I'm fiftyfeckinfive and STILL no wiser,
    OLDER yes
    Beware of Geeks bearing GIF's
    come and waste the day :P at The Taz Zone