about IE... no, really

Thread: about IE... no, really

Banned

about IE... no, really

if you have firefox installed ... type into the URL tab "about:mozilla" w/out quotes

AO Senior Cow-beller
    Haha, I hadn't seen that one. This has been something they've been putting into the netscape/mozilla browsers for *years*!

For those that haven't seen it:
    And so at last the beast fell and the unbelievers rejoiced. But all was not lost, for from the ash rose a great bird. The bird gazed down upon the unbelievers and cast fire and thunder upon them. For the beast had been reborn with its strength renewed, and the followers of Mammon cowered in horror.

from The Book of Mozilla, 7:15
    "Data is not necessarily information. Information does not necessarily lead to knowledge. And knowledge is not always sufficient to discover truth and breed wisdom." --Spaf
    Anyone who is capable of getting themselves made president should on no account be allowed to do the job. --Douglas Adams (1952-2001)
    "...people find it far easier to forgive others for being wrong than being right." - Albus Percival Wulfric Brian Dumbledore

Hehe!! That's funny!

AO Senior Cow-beller
    There's a nice history at Wikipedia of About:Mozilla if you're interested. Link

There's also a more personal and analytical description by Gervase Markham at Mozillazine.
    "Data is not necessarily information. Information does not necessarily lead to knowledge. And knowledge is not always sufficient to discover truth and breed wisdom." --Spaf
    Anyone who is capable of getting themselves made president should on no account be allowed to do the job. --Douglas Adams (1952-2001)
    "...people find it far easier to forgive others for being wrong than being right." - Albus Percival Wulfric Brian Dumbledore

Nobody mentioned it directly, but

about:config

comes in handy (well, i know it works on linux)
    http://sfx-images.mozilla.org/affili...88x31/take.gif
    If You\'ve Done Something Right. People Wont Know You\'ve Done Anything At All - God (futurama)

I think SDK actually made a thread about "about:config" and whats best to change to make firefox better !
    StreetsCrack.com Join The Best Music Social Network Online. Music downloads, promotions, forums, profile, games etc...

AO French Antique News Whore
    Originally posted here by 妯py展ght
    I think SDK actually made a thread about "about:config" and whats best to change to make firefox better !
    Yeah, it's here.

http://www.antionline.com/showthread...hreadid=265025
    -Simon \"SDK\"

Zencoder - you sure its wikipedia - Im actuallly a mod there and when I followed your link it said that there wasn't yet an article about:mozilla ...............
    "In most gardens they make the beds too soft - so that the flowers are always asleep" - Tiger Lily

********** |ceWriterguy
    Cool. A wiki mod eh? Here's a fixed link to a comparable article - it could be he put the space before the colon instead of after:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Book_of_Mozilla
    Even a broken watch is correct twice a day.

Which coder said that nobody could outcode Microsoft in their own OS? Write a bit and make a fortune!

HAHA - yeah that link worked, BlackIce.......

A Wiki mod I am ........ A good one, well thats up for debate .......about my only claim to fame is that I have a set of encyclopedias behind my desk (yes, real paper and bound encyclopedias - haha) that I will look through once a week and try to add an article to wiki that wasn't present before.
    *I try to play the part* lol
    "In most gardens they make the beds too soft - so that the flowers are always asleep" - Tiger Lily