Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: AO Interveiws

AO Interveiws

This question is probably more directed at Negative than anyone...I think the interveiws are a great idea, it's always good to get even a limited personal veiw of the people you're talking to, but I think that if there are going to be several of these interveiws ( more than 15 ) then they should have their own forum, in order to keep them together as a collection.
    It would have to be a somewhat closed forum where people can respond to the interveiw but not create a new thread, which would just mess up the whole look of the forum.
    If there's just going to be a few interveiws then it doesn't matter...but if this is going to be an on-going thing that could last for some time then I think a separate forum is warranted.
    I'm assuming that if this is going to go on periodically for the lifetime of AO it's possible to have several pages of interveiws over time.

Just a suggestion.

Eg

Just a Virtualized Geek MrLinus's Avatar
    Perhaps they could become part of the Newsletter forum and the forum gets renamed to "AO Interviews and Newsletter"
    Goodbye, Mittens (1992-2008). My pillow will be cold without your purring beside my head
    Extra! Extra! Get your FREE copy of Insight Newsletter||MsMittens' HomePage

or just a sticky thread somewhere that Neg can add to with a link to each interview.

doesn't need a whole forum IMHO

v_Ln

AO Senior Cow-beller
    I like MsM's take. Incorporate it into the newsletter.

Speaking of newsletters...I knew of them, but haven't really read any yet. Are they a regullarly occuring event? Do I need to set my calendar for the next one? Issue #12 looks like the last one, and it's almost a year old. Is that the norm?
    "Data is not necessarily information. Information does not necessarily lead to knowledge. And knowledge is not always sufficient to discover truth and breed wisdom." --Spaf
    Anyone who is capable of getting themselves made president should on no account be allowed to do the job. --Douglas Adams (1952-2001)
    "...people find it far easier to forgive others for being wrong than being right." - Albus Percival Wulfric Brian Dumbledore

() \/V |\| 3 |) |3\/ |\|3G47|\/3

Re: AO Interveiws

Originally posted here by Egaladeist
    ... it's always good to get even a limited personal veiw of the people you're talking to...
    Eg

Try this old thread and feel free to add to it. I agree, I like to know who I'm talking to....even though I feel like I know everyone here, already.

The Survey

Go Finland!
    Deviant Gallery

Banned
    I charge 600 euros for interviews.

Banned
    I charge 600 Euro for doing the interview

Speaking of newsletters...I knew of them, but haven't really read any yet. Are they a regullarly occuring event? Do I need to set my calendar for the next one? Issue #12 looks like the last one, and it's almost a year old. Is that the norm?
    Unfortunately after the last newsletter there was little interest for others to submit articles. And not wanting to be the only one writing I put it on hiatus. I'd be more than glad to revive them if I had enough articles (interesting ones) and ideally security oriented.
    Goodbye, Mittens (1992-2008). My pillow will be cold without your purring beside my head

AO Senior Cow-beller
    I can understand that. I'd certainly be willing to participate, but I spread myself pretty thin these days, so it probably be 1 article per newsletter at most. Sounds like we need more folks to ante up before this comes to fruition again.

Put me on the list though!
    "Data is not necessarily information. Information does not necessarily lead to knowledge. And knowledge is not always sufficient to discover truth and breed wisdom." --Spaf
    Anyone who is capable of getting themselves made president should on no account be allowed to do the job. --Douglas Adams (1952-2001)
    "...people find it far easier to forgive others for being wrong than being right." - Albus Percival Wulfric Brian Dumbledore

I'd certainly be willing to participate, but I spread myself pretty thin these days, so it probably be 1 article per newsletter at most.
    All I've wanted is 1 article per newsletter from about 10-15 people. If the newsletter has 6-8 articles, that leaves room to have articles ready for future issues or specialized issues. The problem that I often encountered was receiving only a few articles (maybe 3-4) and quite a few were not security related (not that is bad --- helps people understand certain technologies).