Franklin Werren at www.bagpipes.net
    Yes I do play the Bagpipes!

And learning to Play the Bugle

Wow nice.

I want one of those.

Man that would be just to cool to have.

Imagine taking that into lab.
    =

Interesting, it appears the site was 'hacked' on Feb. 13th. There is not much left on it.

Cheers:
    DjM

It works here via Adelphia Cable and my 1 mile wireless link.....
    Franklin Werren at www.bagpipes.net
    Yes I do play the Bagpipes!

And learning to Play the Bugle

Originally posted here by Highlander
    It works here via Adelphia Cable and my 1 mile wireless link.....
    Well, this is what I see when I go to the link:

After this site was unexpectedly slashdot-ed on February 13, 2005, several parts have been removed until suitcaseservers.com can get all its bases covered. Please check back for further updates and eventually a new site layout. I apologize for my previous rant, and would like to clarify a few things.

I woke up Sunday morning to a slew of messages from friends mentioning that I had been slashdotted. I was at first very unhappy, as this site was not finished. It turned out a friend of mine didn't realize what the plan for the website was, and submitted it to slashdot before he went to work. The unhappy rant placed at the index of this site was a frantic response.

Please expect a finished site in the next few days.
    Is that the way it is suppose to be?

Cheers:
    DjM

I don't think the site was hacked. The guy started a beta site and someone (one of his firends) posted it to slashdot. He got pissed off because the site was not professional and it was incomplete.

SOMEONE POSTED THIS TO SLASHDOT WITHOUT MY APPROVAL. IT IS AN UNFINISHED SITE. PLEASE CHECK BACK LATER FOR THE FINISHED VERSION.

THIS WAS NOT THE ORIGINAL SITE, IT WAS THROWN TOGETHER IN 5 MINUTES AS A DEMO. Please be respectful.
    This is the "unhappy rant" he was referring to.

google cache
    http://64.233.161.104/search?q=cache...rs.com/+&hl=en

www.slashdot.org is a news site for nerds... they didn't have very nice comments about the site... hense his rant.

Slashdot article
    http://slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=0...514240&tid=222

just in case you don't already know... having your site linked to slashdot can produce some very interesting results... as in your server instantly combusting into flames due to the extreme overhead (j/k of course). its basically a huge DDoS attack. A lot of sites don't make it past 5 minutes after getting posted. they become "unavailable".

This is known as the slashdot effect.

The Slashdot effect is a particular example of how a popular website can cause a smaller site to slow down or even temporarily close after causing a great increase in the number of visitors going to the smaller site. The huge influx of web traffic is a result of it being mentioned on Slashdot, a popular technology news and information site. Typically, less robust sites are unable to cope with the huge increase in traffic and become unavailable – either their bandwidth is consumed or their servers are unable to cope with the high strain.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Slashdot_effect
    Quitmzilla is a firefox extension that gives you stats on how long you have quit smoking, how much money you\'ve saved, how much you haven\'t smoked and recent milestones. Very helpful for people who quit smoking and used to smoke at their computers... Helps out with the urges.

Originally posted here by phishphreek80
    I don't think the site was hacked. The guy started a beta site and someone (one of his firends) posted it to slashdot. He got pissed off because the site was not professional and it was incomplete.

This is the "unhappy rant" he was referring to.

google cache
    http://64.233.161.104/search?q=cache...rs.com/+&hl=en
    Thanks for clearing that up Phish.

Cheers:
    DjM