Hi guys

I've been a lurker here for some time just basically browsing the forums but now I need to ask for your advice with regards to my (fanfare) newly created home network !

Basically I have two PCs at home now connected via Ethernet cables to a Linksys router. I want to set up the PCs so that they can share files and an internet connection. Whilst I'm not completely incompetent when it comes to securing an individual PC (As I'm a regular reader I'm very much aware of the important of patches, application updates, using software to remove malware and spyware etc), I'm concsiously incompetent when it comes to network security.

I wondered if you guys would be able to help me compile a tick list of things that I need to ensure I look at in order to feel comfortable that my network has the level of protection appropriate. Can anyone give me a "starter for ten" as Bamber Gascoigne might have once said ?

Cheers guys

Dom

PS - I forgot to add that both PCs are running Windows, one is running XP Pro, the other XP Home. One uses Zone Alarm Personal Firewall and AVG anti virus, the other has a version of McAffee's personal firewall/antivirus bundle, although I'm not sure what version it is. I do know that all of the apps are updated.