The march of stupidness

Thread: The march of stupidness

The march of stupidness

Here are three small news items from around the world you might have missed:
    (1) An unemployed Berlin waitress faces loss of welfare benefits after refusing a job as a prostitute in a legal brothel.
    http://www.washtimes.com/commentary/...5726-5690r.htm

I just love this stuff. Who needs comedians when you have real life.
    I came in to the world with nothing. I still have most of it.

********** |ceWriterguy
    The further march of stupidness - aka Mark Steyn -

He's using this potentially humorous column as a (very waffle-filled) political statement.

WTF does a prostitute in Germany have to do with Al Quaida? Methinks this author's making a few extreme reaches to get a different slant on things...

When Germany legalized prostitution and went to all the trouble of setting up licensing, weekly medical examinations, and benefits for the girls who ply said trade, they officially recognized that it's a job, not just an adventure. Fact is, it's quite a lucrative job even where it's legalized. Bad news for the waitress though and it sounds like their welfare law is quite similar to the one here in the US that reads *any* employment which is refused constitutes discontinuation of welfare and/or unemployment benefits. At the point where her government dropped her I'm quite sure it was 'find something, anything, or become a prostitute because we're not carrying you any further.' In Turkey when a man is unable to pay his debts, he's shipped off to prison. His wife isn't so lucky - she gets to go to work in a place universally known to sailors/soldiers around the world as 'the compound', working as a prostitute to clear her husband's debts and support herself and family while he's away. It's as legal as can be there and you don't see THAT making headlines...

I refuse to comment on the second story other than saying - it has to be an isolated case and a *very* liberal judge, and a very good piece of work on the behalf of the terrorist's barrister.

Story 3? Extreme liberalism at its finest yet again. I'm curious at just how well written the kid's essay was however. If he's intelligent enough to realize that 'giving teacher what she wants' equates to good grades, odds are he'll realize the stupidity of it all on his own later on.

A question for our Brit friends who would know from one too lazy to look it up for himself:
    This Mark Steyn guy - the publisher he works under - is it tabloid or bona fide?
    Even a broken watch is correct twice a day.

Which coder said that nobody could outcode Microsoft in their own OS? Write a bit and make a fortune!

Re: The march of stupidness

[i] Originally posted

I just love this stuff. Who needs comedians when you have real life.
    Wouldn't it be the march of stupidity? lol. Sorry, the setup was too perfect; I had to take it.
    \"Greatness only comes at great risk.\" ~ Personal/Generic

The arrogance of Mark Steyn knows no bounds

Prince Turki al-Faisal

Saudi Ambassador to the United Kingdom
    http://www.steynonline.com/index2.cfm?edit_id=32

It pays to have the right kind of enemies.

Wouldn't it be the march of stupidity?
    "stupidness" is an rcgreenism.
    I came in to the world with nothing. I still have most of it.

It would be better if his story was not based off of an urban legend.

http://www.snopes.com/media/notnews/brothel.asp
    The mentally handicaped are persecuted in this great country, and I say rightfully so! These people are NUTS!!!!

********** |ceWriterguy
    Even the urban legends site needs a facts checker it seems - prostitution was alive, well, and legal back in 1989 when I was there, ergo it wasn't 'legalized 2 years ago' as stated on the legends page.
    Even a broken watch is correct twice a day.

Which coder said that nobody could outcode Microsoft in their own OS? Write a bit and make a fortune!