Thread: lost data

Question lost data

Is it possible to recover the data in a formated scsi drive who has a 5 raid array and in which the OS (windows 2000 server) has been reinstalled and a bad backup move in the hard drive (excuse my bad english) thanks in advance.
    alx

Ok, so a drive went bad, you formatted it, reinstalled the OS, then loaded a corrupt back up onto the disk?

I dont doubt it is possible, but ti would damn expensive, and I can almost guarantee that it would not be more then a 70 or 80 percent recovery (and thats being generous)
    Everyone is going to die, I am just as good of a reason as any.

http://think-smarter.blogspot.com

This site might shed some more light on your problem...

http://www.softlookup.com/tutorial/WINNT/ch23.asp
    Microsoft WINNT Tutorial - softlookup.com

but you'll have to do a little scrolling to get there.

Eg

It's possible. How bad do you need the data?
    But 1st things 1st...REMOVE THE DRIVE(S) to ensure nothing else is writing to them!!!

Probably gonna cost you a little monty but contact these folks...

http://www.datarr.com

AO Senior Cow-beller
    Yeah, recovering data that was deleted/corrupted/overwritten is not something for the average IT Guru. IIRC, this requires microscopic analysis of the platters...or have things changed?
    "Data is not necessarily information. Information does not necessarily lead to knowledge. And knowledge is not always sufficient to discover truth and breed wisdom." --Spaf
    Anyone who is capable of getting themselves made president should on no account be allowed to do the job. --Douglas Adams (1952-2001)
    "...people find it far easier to forgive others for being wrong than being right." - Albus Percival Wulfric Brian Dumbledore

Hi, after that no data has been added, so then is a posssibility to recover, i guess. The lost data is from the accounting department, so in taxes time is really needed, thanks for the answers, is good to here there is a chance to recover.

Re: lost data

Originally posted here by deathmon
    Is it possible to recover the data in a formated scsi drive who has a 5 raid array and in which the OS (windows 2000 server) has been reinstalled and a bad backup move in the hard drive (excuse my bad english) thanks in advance.
    alx
    I have a buddy who works in magnetic data recovery for the private sector. I think the software, tools and techniques you need, is either way out of your price range or only made discretely for the Gov. and the like.