Windows anti-spyware to come free of charge
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Windows anti-spyware to come free of charge

Windows anti-spyware to come free of charge

http://news.zdnet.com/2100-1009_22-5...=zdfd.newsfeed

"Just as spyware is something that we have to nip down today, we have decided that all licensed Windows users should have that protection at no charge," Gates said.
    \"You got a mouth like an outboard motor..all the time putt putt putt\" - Foghorn Leghorn

Sweet! Thats what I'm talking about.

Now... all they need is a MMC snap in to manage them all from one place.
    Quitmzilla is a firefox extension that gives you stats on how long you have quit smoking, how much money you\'ve saved, how much you haven\'t smoked and recent milestones. Very helpful for people who quit smoking and used to smoke at their computers... Helps out with the urges.

at first i thought it was cool, but it seems like more hassle when you start thinking of all the virii that will get written to sabotage it. There's already that bankash? is it? out there. and it's been out less than a month.

AO Senior Cow-beller
    Originally posted here by phishphreek80
    What the hell do you think they'll be charging for?!? "You want to manage all of those remotely? Let's see, that'll be...well, why don't you just bend over and take it in the keester as a down payment, then we'll talk about service contracts."
    "Data is not necessarily information. Information does not necessarily lead to knowledge. And knowledge is not always sufficient to discover truth and breed wisdom." --Spaf
    Anyone who is capable of getting themselves made president should on no account be allowed to do the job. --Douglas Adams (1952-2001)
    "...people find it far easier to forgive others for being wrong than being right." - Albus Percival Wulfric Brian Dumbledore

Originally posted here by phishphreek80
    <cynic>
    Ah, now that's gonna cost ya...M$ will surely charge for that.
    </cynic>

It is refreshing M$ has come to their senses...at least for now.

********** |ceWriterguy
    Yah eh? The classic 'pusher' technique - get the masses hooked on your product, then charge for licensing, updates, the works. Somehow I wouldn't put it past Bill.
    Even a broken watch is correct twice a day.

Which coder said that nobody could outcode Microsoft in their own OS? Write a bit and make a fortune!

Underground Bunker, somewhere in Antarctica
    free? bull butter, the day anything microsoft makes something free will be the day...

...well i dont know what will happen on that day, because that day will never come!
    I know your type, you think "I'll just get me a costume, rip off the neighborhood kids". Next thing you know, you've got a jet shaped like a skull with lasers on the front!
    -The Monarch.

they dont have a choice but to make it free if they want people to use it. I think it is a great program, but im sure they will release a "free version" and a "enterprise/small business/not free with cooler stuff" version
    Everyone is going to die, I am just as good of a reason as any.

http://think-smarter.blogspot.com

Underground Bunker, somewhere in Antarctica
    in other words

'free' version = crappy broken version
    pay version = normal version
    I know your type, you think "I'll just get me a costume, rip off the neighborhood kids". Next thing you know, you've got a jet shaped like a skull with lasers on the front!
    -The Monarch.

hey...you get what you pay for.
    Everyone is going to die, I am just as good of a reason as any.

http://think-smarter.blogspot.com