********** |ceWriterguy

Arrow Here comes round 57...

From here:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/6980108/

Terrorists regrouping to strike, lawmakers told
    Rumsfeld, CIA, FBI chiefs deliver similar messages
    The Associated Press
    Updated: 4:58 p.m. ET Feb. 16, 2005

WASHINGTON - The heads of the Pentagon, CIA and FBI on Wednesday warned lawmakers that they fear terrorists groups, particularly al-Qaida, are still actively looking for ways to carry out a strike in the United States.

“The extremists continue to plot to attack again. They are at this moment recalibrating and reorganizing. And so are we,” Defense Secretary Donald Rumsfeld told the House Armed Services Committee.
    and later on in the same article:

“It may be only a matter of time before al-Qaida or other groups attempt to use chemical, biological, radiological or nuclear weapons. We must focus on that,” Goss said in an unusually blunt statement before the mostly secretive Senate Intelligence Committee.
    The article goes on to point a finger at Iran...

Now I'm a Bush backer, and a somewhat moderate conservative....but the alarm bells have begun to ring in my head as I read the "Iran" bit.. I mean really - It's pretty obvious that (whatever's left of) Al Quaida hates us and wants to hit us whenever and wherever possible. One kind of expects that sort of behaviour from terrorists...but Iran? Someone hit me with solid proof or I'll begin to think Bush wants to go back and fix 'em good for the hostage crisis of the late 70's? I'd be more prone to accept and believe in us hitting North Korea just because they're *******s, there's never been a treaty ending that action, and there's constant shooting back and forth on the 38th parallel. This is getting a bit old... Who's next after Iran? France for surrendering so quickly? Ooops.. too late, they already surrendered again.
    Even a broken watch is correct twice a day.

Which coder said that nobody could outcode Microsoft in their own OS? Write a bit and make a fortune!

They call me the Hunted foxyloxley's Avatar
    Syria ................
    Don't you watch ANY TV Ice
    so now I'm in my SIXTIES FFS
    WTAF, how did that happen, so no more alterations to the sig, it will remain as is now

Beware of Geeks bearing GIF's
    come and waste the day :P at The Taz Zone

********** |ceWriterguy
    LOL I try to refrain from watching the 'babble tube' as much as possible (we call it the 'idiot box' here in the |ce household btw.)

Hmm... I wonder if we re-instituted 'spoils of war' and rape and pillage for our troops if this'd end faster... "We are dyslexic of Borg. You will be ass-laminated." (sarcasm folks, don't be dissin it.)
    Even a broken watch is correct twice a day.

Which coder said that nobody could outcode Microsoft in their own OS? Write a bit and make a fortune!

Re: Here comes round 57...

Originally posted here by |3lack|ce

....but the alarm bells have begun to ring in my head as I read the "Iran" bit.. I mean really - It's pretty obvious that (whatever's left of) Al Quaida hates us and wants to hit us whenever and wherever possible. One kind of expects that sort of behaviour from terrorists...but Iran? Someone hit me with solid proof or I'll begin to think Bush wants to go back and fix 'em good for the hostage crisis of the late 70's?
    Uh oh |3lack|ce, you better be careful, that kind of thinking is what led me to become the Bush-hating liberal I am now!

It's good to know that I'm not the only one who has apprehensions and concerns about all this foot-stomping and fist-shaking. If we don't watch it, the "axis of evil" is going to include everyone but us and Canada. (And I'd look out if I were in Canada )
    Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.

I have to agree...Iran doesn't present itself as any immediate threat, their interest is in the control of Iraq ( one of the reasons for the 8 year war with Iraq )...of course, to them, it's in their best interests to have their associate clerics running Iraq.

North Korea is a minor threat that could easily become a major problem...but Japan is more worried about that than we are. If they were to do anything major it would likely be against Japan first...due to the bad blood...and then they wouldn't get a second chance.

As for Terrorists...it's a good thing they're stupid and all want the glory of being martyrs...because there are soooo many ways to create havoc in obsurity...like poisoning the water supply or tampering with our food sources...but they all want to go out in a blaze of glory for their god...covert terrorism just isn't their bag...and can't make them martyrs according to their ideology.

The real threat is Canada...we've been secretly taking over Hollywood and other institutions for years ( Peter Jennings has been quietly engineering the whole thing from the News...secretly passing code over the air in the form of news reports )...

In about 30 years when you're all drunk on Canadian beer and fat off of eating Canadian bacon...we plan to invade, take over, and give you all universal healthcare.

Regal Making Handler
    I'd be more prone to accept and believe in us hitting North Korea just because they're *******s
    You would nead a land mass behind you to take on N Korea. Syria would look the other way (or not) if Bush went after Iran , I do not think it is a coincidence that Afganistan is in one place and Iraq is in another. What lies between the two??
    What happens if a big asteroid hits the Earth? Judging from realistic simulations involving a sledge hammer and a common laboratory frog, we can assume it will be pretty bad. - Dave Barry

I'd keep an eye on Iran's neuclear program, but other than that not worry about it too much. Iran is having a large push within it's own society to turn democratic. Viva revolution!!!

However, the big ticket imo are Syria & Lebanon. That's probably where Saddam cached alot of his WMDs, and are very 'iffy' states aside from there. What really might shoot things to hell was the recent assassination which has caused Lebanon to point a glaring finger at Syria.
    \"Greatness only comes at great risk.\" ~ Personal/Generic

If one looks to the mass media. Syria is behind the assassinaiton in Beuiruit. They have terrorist ties to Iran terrorists and they are importing fresh "insurgents" into Iraq. Whatever is left of Al Quida does hate us, just as much as before they were struck in Afganistan.
    West of House
    You are standing in an open field west of a white house, with a boarded front door.
    There is a small mailbox here.