Thread: For Gore : Suse Entreprise Server 9 is EAL4+

AO French Antique News Whore

For Gore : Suse Entreprise Server 9 is EAL4+

This should make you happy gore!

Novell’s SUSE LINUX Enterprise Server 9 on IBM eServers has achieved Controlled Access Protection Profile under the Common Criteria for Information Security Evaluation, also referred to as CAPP/EAL4+. A formal certificate issued by the Federal Office for Information Security in Germany (BSI) is expected to follow shortly.
    Source : http://www.novell.com/news/press/arc...2/pr05013.html
    -Simon \"SDK\"

Master-Jedi-Pimps0r & Moderator thehorse13's Avatar
    I have to admit that Gore did turn my view of SuSE linux a number of months back. Since then, I have deployed about a dozen special purpose SuSE boxes that would otherwise would have been RedHat E3 distros.

--TH13
    Our scars have the power to remind us that our past was real. -- Hannibal Lecter.
    Talent is God given. Be humble. Fame is man-given. Be grateful. Conceit is self-given. Be careful. -- John Wooden

Dare I mention RHES 4 is also pending EAL4+?? Nah. Forget it.

-Maestr0
    \"If computers are to become smart enough to design their own successors, initiating a process that will lead to God-like omniscience after a number of ever swifter passages from one generation of computers to the next, someone is going to have to write the software that gets the process going, and humans have given absolutely no evidence of being able to write such software.\" -Jaron Lanier

Master-Jedi-Pimps0r & Moderator thehorse13's Avatar
    Heh, yeah, I know. We will be deploying ES4 and the EAL4+ cert is one major reason.
    Our scars have the power to remind us that our past was real. -- Hannibal Lecter.
    Talent is God given. Be humble. Fame is man-given. Be grateful. Conceit is self-given. Be careful. -- John Wooden

It's so damn funny, RedHat is following in the foot steps of a company they look up to

SUSE is the oldest Linux bsuiness that is actually here. They are even almost a year older than Slackware. They used to sell Slackware on disks.