I didnt realize until yesterday someone from this forum wrote to me and told me that firewalls should mask my ip address... which hmmmm..didnt know tht..
It will not mask your IP. Your IP will be visible. It will, however, will block/hide ports on your machine and may block pings but not fully hide it. An important difference.

Winmx is one of my favorite programs that i use to get just songs and the simpsons..

I do have a question regarding file sharing, two computers and one internet connection.

If I use one pc for nothing other than storage and downloading and the other pc for everything else.. and use a router .. is there a risk for contamination from one pc to the other?
Assuming they are networked in NO way and connected just by the router..
It may seem silly to you all but I genuinely dont know and its something ive been seriously thinking of doing for ease of downloading and gaming??
Theorectically, there should be no issue and minimal risk. That said, if one gets infected with a worm and the worm attempts to propogate to other machines on the network, the other machine may get infected. Ideally, you should have virus/firewall on each machine as extra precautions.