Thread: Fiorina's Ousting and Comparisons to other troubled CEOs

Fiorina's Ousting and Comparisons to other troubled CEOs

Just thought this was interesting considering HP ousted Carly Fiorina last week:

http://www.usatoday.com/tech/columni...15-maney_x.htm

Comparing her reign to other 'doomed' CEOs. I wonder if she is being pinned as a scapegoat in this case? The below is an excerpt of those comparisons:

Fiorina. HP's CEO from 1999 to 2005, she forced a merger with Compaq, eviscerated HP's culture and tried to make HP a computing giant. Instead, HP is an IBM also-ran that makes most of its money on printer cartridges.
    \"An ant may well destroy a whole dam.\" - Chinese Proverb
    \"Not only can water float a craft, it can sink it also.\" - Chinese Proverb

http://www.AntiOnline.com/sig.php?imageid=764

Her merger was for her own benefit which was a huge compensation package. It was looked down upon investors, wall street, both companies the family of HP and their respective boards of directors. 2 failing companies forcefully merging into 1 failed company while destroying the culture of Hewlett Packard. She's not a scapegoat, she's a failure.
    West of House
    You are standing in an open field west of a white house, with a boarded front door.
    There is a small mailbox here.

Some analyst on The Today Show (I think!) summed it up pretty well...she took risks a man would take, and she paid the price a man would pay. I don't think she's being "scapegoated" at all, I think she took a risk that could have paid off, it didn't pay off, and now she's paying the price for a risk she knowingly took. Although I have to admit, most of us don't get $45 million paydays for risks we take that blow up in our face.
    Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.

She was paid a total of 100 million!

And after that lost HALF the the wealth of investors. The merger was bad news from the beginning.
    West of House
    You are standing in an open field west of a white house, with a boarded front door.
    There is a small mailbox here.

Regal Making Handler
    She was a smart cookie, who can now retire.
    PLC's are a money pit's.
    What happens if a big asteroid hits the Earth? Judging from realistic simulations involving a sledge hammer and a common laboratory frog, we can assume it will be pretty bad. - Dave Barry