Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Encryption question

Alright here is some more info. My company works on a Citrix based enviornment. So people have no need for a local machine except to access the citrix servers. However much to my dismay the company does allow them access to Client Mapped Drives and email outside the company. This poses a problem when a bad employee leaves and has copied items to his personal machine encrypted them and put them back on the server. ARRGGG... very freaking annoying.

I'll see if those links above can help me out, but we might just end up having to restore from before he encrypted the documents. We might lose some data but not as much as we would if we didn't just restore. I've been told, since the backup solution is a option, no money and not much time is to be spent on this issue.

ps: nihil thanks for the kind words.

I would assume that you parted ways on terms that were less than friendly. However, as silly as it sounds you or someone else may be able to social engineer it out of him. In the event that doesn’t work, stronger persuasion may be required. Give him a real Charmin moment. So regardless of which medieval procedure you favor, timing is critical. You don’t want him to bleed-out until he provides you with what you desire!

Just kidding of course, but hope you find a solution.

cheers
    Connection refused, try again later.