Thread: EverQuest gets pizza partner!

Hoopy Frood

EverQuest gets pizza partner!

Source: Cnet News

Having apparently taken leonine beasts and enchantment spells as far as they can go, Sony Online Entertainment has found a new weapon in its bid to make "EverQuest II" the baddest online game out there--pizza.

The publisher this week announced an alliance with Pizza Hut that will enable players to deal with the munchies without leaving the game. Type in "/pizza" while playing the fantasy role-playing game, and a browser window will pop up where you can order a pie for delivery.

You'll still have to get out of your chair when the pizza arrives, however, and you'll need to pay in real money instead of in-game "platinum pieces." And, based on the image accompanying the announcement, you might want to specify that you want a pie that isn't enchanted or otherwise prone to elvish magic.

--David Becker
    What's sad is that I know people who'd actually use this sort of thing...

- Xierox
    "Personality is only ripe when a man has made the truth his own."

-- Søren Kierkegaard

Why have any social interaction at all xierox????
    N00b> STFU i r teh 1337 (english: You must be mistaken, good sir or madam. I believe myself to be quite a good player. On an unrelated matter, I also apparently enjoy math.)

Hoopy Frood
    Haha. Good point. ;-P

- Xierox
    "Personality is only ripe when a man has made the truth his own."

-- Søren Kierkegaard

I want this command in IRC

That way I can feed my pesky family w/out having to get off IRC in the process
    Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.

Originally posted here by debwalin
    I want this command in IRC

That way I can feed my pesky family w/out having to get off IRC in the process
    Maybe a /beer command would be good as well....
    N00b> STFU i r teh 1337 (english: You must be mistaken, good sir or madam. I believe myself to be quite a good player. On an unrelated matter, I also apparently enjoy math.)

why stop there?
    /open door
    /give tip pizzaguy 10%
    wait....1%
    /close door
    /feed family
    /feed self
    /chew
    /swallow
    /sleep

I would actually use that, if I played EverQuest II.
    I bet you could make a script for IRC, if you can do it for EverQuest II you can do it for IRC.
    I would make one, but my ZIP code is NOT currently available for on-line internet ordering via Pizza Hut Online....
    \"keep your friends close, your enemys closer, and your administrator closest.\"

Shhh. Neither is mine MrT.

Other married couples apparently have sexual fantasies they share with each other. My husband and I just share the fantasy of having a place to order food from that would deliver it to us...
    Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.