Thread: Internet Speed

Unhappy Internet Speed

I am using Internet service from a well-known ISP from my country INDIA. This ISP is providing number of options to choose from & I choose 128 kbps (shared) connection. MY QUERY is how to know at what speed the connection is currently working at my computer? Looking forward from you all.
    (-:IF U R A HACKER TRY TO BE ON POINT,IT SAVES TIME:-)

If you are using Firefox donwload the Bandwidth Tester, nice tool to diagnose under which speed you are currently surfing.

If you have Firefix but not yet istalled Bandwidth Tester Click Here .

Otherwise click on the following link..

1- http://reviews.cnet.com/Bandwidth_me...-7254_7-0.html

2- http://home.cfl.rr.com/eaa/Bandwidth.htm

There are plenty of websites that serve this services,,, Just Google It...
    \"The only truly secure system is one that is powered off, cast in a block of concrete and sealed in a lead-lined room with armed guards - and even then I have my doubts\".....Spaf
    Everytime I learn a new thing, I discover how ignorant I am.- ... Black Cluster

If you using Windows just double click on the connection monitors in your system tray and look next to speed, to see what you are connected at.

Old Fart
    Bandwidth tests are subjective in that they can be affected by traffic, bad routers, etc. I use a little app called DUMeter that gives me a realtime accurate graph of how my connection is running. An added benefit is that it allows me to see upload activity also so it acts as an early warning system for any connections that might slink thru my firewall.
    Al
    It isn't paranoia when you KNOW they're out to get you...