Thread: kazaa light ++ question

Banned

kazaa light ++ question

I was wondering if any of you guys know why doesn’t Kazaa Light / K++ (from now referred to as kl++) work anymore. More specifically what did Sherman Networks (if it’s them) do, to kick kl++ clients off the network? I really don’t even know if it’s the same network because the diversity of files you can find w/ kl++ is unbelievable. I’d think it’s the same network but Sherman N. is probably filtering out some of the searches in light of RIAA/MPAA. But I digress.

Basically, if I try to install any version of kl++ that I find, (maybe you can find a working one… let me know) it cannot connect to the network and/or the search button is grayed out. The funny thing is that this only happens w/ new installations of kl++. The version, which is on my home system, which had been installed for 1 year or so, still works.

My, off the wall, theory would be that since my version of kl++ has been installed continuously for a while it has been regularly receiving updates about supernodes therefore the transition has been smooth. But new clients’ list is so old that Sherman. N has managed to kill all the supernodes in the list and the client has no way to even update. If that is true, than all I’d need to do is transfer the list/file from my install to the new install and everything should be fine.

Since I have only one Windows box I haven’t tested this theory. But I’d welcome your opinions. What is really going on? Is my theory correct? Am I just completely wrong?

Old Fart
    2.4.1 works fine from what I can see.....
    Al
    It isn't paranoia when you KNOW they're out to get you...

switch to bittorrent.

Master-Jedi-Pimps0r & Moderator thehorse13's Avatar
    There are *many* P2P apps to choose from.

Edonkey, Soulseek, WinMX, Bit torrent, etc., etc.

Also, Kazaa 2.4.1 does still operate as pointed out above.

If none of these strike your fancy, try IRC searches:

www.packetnews.com and do XDCC transfers.
    Our scars have the power to remind us that our past was real. -- Hannibal Lecter.
    Talent is God given. Be humble. Fame is man-given. Be grateful. Conceit is self-given. Be careful. -- John Wooden

Kazaa Lite K++ v2.4.3 works as well.

when i downloaded a new(er) copy of kazaa light a while back, it wouldn't connect. I had to search google and get a newer updated list of supernodes and import it to my registry for it to connect. worked fine after that.

hope this helps some one.
    Ron Paul: Hope for America
    http://www.ronpaul2008.com/