Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Weird problem I'm stumped with..

It's possible that having the new harddrive has given you that functionality.
    I got a new power supply not hard drive >_< . I checked it out, and I don't see anything about power save feature.

Word of advice, that little 110/240 volt switch is crucial. Depending if 110 or 240 comes into your house (mains). If you live in America it's 110. These range from 110.115.120/240.245 etc.
    Well yeah I knew that, my old power supply ran on 110, same way it came from NYC when I shipped it here when I was moving, never failed here in Dominican Republic and ran for 2years here. I have no idea how much comes into my line..
    WARNING: THIS SIGNATURE IS SHAREWARE PLEASE REGISTER THIS SIGNATURE BY SENDING ME MONEY TO SEE THE COMPLETE SIGNATURE!

Hi Raion.

Lol, I mentioned it because you said:

I have it at 110 right now (It's those switchable ones), the other switch is to 245 or something I believe, not sure. Could that be the problem?
    I didn't recognize the location you are in, yeah the power there is just like Here, 110 volts 60hz, Type A plug.

I guess you could unplug the good drive and then burn test the other malfunctioning drive with the other drive removed. Hmm take the power off the floppy too. If the drive does not fail then it's probably the power supply or the cables. At least that eliminated one possibility. It could be bad from the factory or person you obatained it from?
    West of House
    You are standing in an open field west of a white house, with a boarded front door.
    There is a small mailbox here.

Just a note, if the 110/220 switch was in the wrong position, the system wouldn't power on.

HEY GUY's didn't anyone notice the error is for USB Devices...??

So I am assuming that we are talking about an IDE Device..?
    so while the error is usb device related it could be a f...up in the OS.. hmm service packs?
    the drive isnt working after the error.. can you eject the media? or is this when the error occures?

I would have to go with the recommendation to check the power connectors (the Molex Plugs) to the CD-RW drive.. it is possable that there is a resistive connection in the circuit, that is a bad connection, the fault could be in the PSU.. SWAP the power connectors around.. take the molex from the working drive and connect it to the non working..

It is possable that the CD-RW is failing and it is a coincidence that it coincides with the swap in PSU..
    "Consumer technology now exceeds the average persons ability to comprehend how to use it..give up hope of them being able to understand how it works." - Me http://www.cybercrypt.co.nr

Yeah I didn't notice the USB error. I would look at "why" you thought the old power supply was failing. Remember we can only try and guess by what is typed. Perhaps I would at this point disconnect EVERYTHING except the boot disk. Then power on and look for errors in the boot process all the way into windows. Then power off, add the floppy etc. One at a time like in the old days. That might help isolate the device/driver/bios conflict slash whatever. I know you said everything was fine until the new PS but I would kind of start over and see what is up. Maybe you fried something while mucking about in the box? Most people think ESD is a wash but it's not.
    West of House
    You are standing in an open field west of a white house, with a boarded front door.
    There is a small mailbox here.

Ok, thanks for all the replies, after typing this I'm going to try switching the connectors. I recently upgraded to SP4 don't know if that could be part of the problem. When I boot up it recognizes it, then when that dialog comes up saying it has been removed I can still eject the CD out. If the CD-RW were to be failing I don't think it would work in the first place (just my thought not sure).

EDIT: Ok, after getting a blue screen and rebooting 3 times, so far, it's working fine, I'm listening to a few songs from the CD (MP3 CD) for a while see if it disconnects.

EDIT2: Seems to be good now, thanks for all the help
    WARNING: THIS SIGNATURE IS SHAREWARE PLEASE REGISTER THIS SIGNATURE BY SENDING ME MONEY TO SEE THE COMPLETE SIGNATURE!