Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Banned people - but with positive APs?

Just a Virtualized Geek MrLinus's Avatar
    You mean to tell me that some people are sooo addicted that they can't leave on their own accord and just walk away but must have someone pushing them out the door to make it happen....I don't know if that's sad or pitiful or both.
    E-yup.

Welcome to the Internet. This kind of activity is far more prevalent than you'd imagine.
    Goodbye, Mittens (1992-2008). My pillow will be cold without your purring beside my head
    Extra! Extra! Get your FREE copy of Insight Newsletter||MsMittens' HomePage

After reading through the FAQs, I would be curious as to what people with numerous APs did to get banned; most likely a JupM policy violation. As part of the FAQs - which are most helpful BTW - if it would be useful just to know what people did to get themselves banned - obviously kept anonymous, just to make sure people know what to watch out for. Of course they could just read the policies and know, but I was just thinking of another way of policy reinforcement -- well that and I am curious what/why people did what they did to get banned. Morbid curiousity I guess - well that and I'm and auditor; yeah that's the ticket.
    \"An ant may well destroy a whole dam.\" - Chinese Proverb
    \"Not only can water float a craft, it can sink it also.\" - Chinese Proverb

http://www.AntiOnline.com/sig.php?imageid=764

KuiXing,

I think you're question has already been answered...if you're looking for specifics I doubt anyone is going to give them to you...for one thing it's really none of our business...and secondly, this is not a gossip room...no offense intended but to hash over people's indiscretions and put them on public display is not appropriate...in my opinion.

Eg

For some bannings, we have made it public. For others, because it was a request of the user to leave we haven't. If you look around we'll state usually why. The most common one that comes to mind is what is referred to as AP Abuse and multiple accounts.
    Goodbye, Mittens (1992-2008). My pillow will be cold without your purring beside my head

I'm sorry MsMittens but I fail to see the purpose of giving out specific information on these sorts of things...
    non-specific information such as what someone did to be banned, without naming names, sure...
    but to single people out " name names " as they say, and do the he said she said, he did and she did, hair salon gossip thing...I just don't see the point.

Eg

Because if we put our reason forward it's a little more direct than people getting it from the "gossip salon".

Maybe I'm just not understanding correctly...

To me it is just as easy to say " a person was banned because..." general information

as to say..." billybob was banned because..." specific information

I don't see any purpose other than retribution or an attempt to embarass the person banned to give out specific information.

Eg

Well, it becomes rather obvious who was banned if I say "a person was banned because..." . Usually we get people asking and it appears on the banned list. It's kinda hard to hide..

Well...I suppose you could guess...the list usually has a few people on it...maybe I'm just particular...I've always been the guy everyone comes to with their problems because they know it never goes beyond me...so naturally I am opposed to airing " dirty laundry " in public...to me it's gossip.

Eg

After reading through the FAQs, I would be curious as to what people with numerous APs did to get banned; most likely a JupM policy violation. As part of the FAQs - which are most helpful BTW - if it would be useful just to know what people did to get themselves banned - obviously kept anonymous, just to make sure people know what to watch out for.
    Well lets see... more than once I have posted-up personal information about people, I've attached malware in threads and personal messages without giving warning as to its content, I used to assign AP with other people's user names and watch dozens of members gang up on others, I remember that once or twice I abused a bug which allowed me to prevent others from further posting in threads which I thought where worthy of being closed.

In the end I was banned for some petty stuff, double accounts to be exact. If it ain't that then people mostly get banned for AP abuse.