Hey. Still kind of a newbie here (look at post #), but check this site everyday. Great info and you guys are really informative. I have some questions that need answering.

I am setup on a linksys wireless broadband router. I have 3 computers running off it. One is ethernet connect on one of the ports on the back. Two are wirless connects.

I am running them on static IP, WEP encrypt, MAC filter, no SSID.

OK.Here goes.

Should I move back to DHCP?If yes how many IP addresses should I set?Three just for the three computers I am running, or more than that so it can generate new IP's beyond just those(If that came across OK).

Also, should I release and renew DHCP daily? I do not reboot my computer, or the other box. The laptop does get rebooted daily. Is there a way to bunny-hop the new IP address so I do not get three IP's in a row..ie XXX.XXX.XXX.110-113?

Can I change the IP of the router to something else besides the default address? How does this effect the subnet mask IP address?

On the WEP. I am running 64bit 10hex. Would the 128bit 26hex be better? I live in the country and am not worried about people WARing my network. We live to far apart for that I think. Or should I switch to WPA?

Both wirless share the same key. On my network setup on box and laptop, should I make both of these 'shared key' or 'open'?

Can either of these be setup to run off a different key for each one?

sorry for all the questions, but I am slowly learning networking and these were some of the bigger questions that I had. I hope someone can help me out on this.

Thanks
Dave