Guardian:

Tiger, I felt like you came off a bit harsh against the rest of us, but to each their own, you know?
Harsh? Look back through the 15(?) posts prior to mine and tell me they were useful to the OP.

I think we all know it is an attack based most likley on a trojan or similar that reports IP update changes
Apparently not... What good is, "report him to Yahoo", "Yahoo's phone number is...", "change your IP", and any other of the silly answers to anyone who has a keylogger on their box? The poor girl could sign up with any ISP in the world and would still be "hacked'.

Bad advice, especially coupled with no thought about the potential _actual_ problem, is worse than no advice at all. When you are presented with a problem do _not_ take the "knee jerk" reaction as to it's solution... Sit back, think of the possibilities.... Use your knowledge and experience to determine the "probable", remember the "possible" and file the "unlikely" or "impossible" for future use. If you come up with nothing more than a phone number then you need to revert to the "possible", "unlikely" or "impossible" for your response.....

In this situation the "probable" is a keylogger.... Even if I am wrong, it is the most likely source of the problem with the information provided.....

Asking the women to "do things" means two things: electronic extortion (because of account hijacking) and abuse across multiple victims.
You are most likely correct... But since the chances of actually catching him without being sat at her machine are more than _remote_, we are much better off advising her about how to remove the ugly little parasite from her life aren't we?

MrT: Read above and hush please..... Yahoo isn't the issue......

Please.... all of you.... go to your rooms..... That's not unfair from what I have seen so far....