Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: hacker with new program got me

i have dial up.

Weird, then your IP changes every time you log on. He must be using another way, maybe its some you know, maybe someone installed a keylogger (but then again, the AV scan should have detected it), do a virus scan in SAfe MOde (when you restart your PC, keep pressing the key "F8" untill a boot menu appears, then select Safe Mode) after that do a adware/spyware scan, and a virus scan (Update your AntiVurse before you do the scan).
    O.G at A.O

AO Ancient: Team Leader
    Though I really _hate_ to say it......

The prize goes to Copyright..... The rest of you should be ashamed of yourselves..... He uses her IP to hijack any yahoo account she creates.... All of you... Go to your rooms and learn the basics of networking and security please.....

Webweaver: Depending upon what keylogger he has on your machine it may be very difficult to find... Let's start with the "easy" way and go from there. Go here and download Hijack This from Merijn.org. Run it, save the output and post it here as a text file after you have looked through it and removed anything that identifies you personally, (names etc). We'll see if it shows up there.
    Don\'t SYN us.... We\'ll SYN you.....
    \"A nation that draws too broad a difference between its scholars and its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards, and its fighting done by fools.\" - Thucydides

It's beyond me why you call this person a "hacker"...

AO Ancient: Team Leader
    It's beyond me why you call this person a "hacker"...
    It's beyond me why you call yourself Dyslex... but you do....

That aside, what was the purpose of your post? You provided no enlightenment, no interesting concept worth discussion.... nothing..... zero....

Please, either contribute to the solution to the poor girl's plight or sit back and learn from the advice she is given... You were talking for the pleasure of hearing your own voice..... It is, invariably, unproductive.
    Don\'t SYN us.... We\'ll SYN you.....
    \"A nation that draws too broad a difference between its scholars and its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards, and its fighting done by fools.\" - Thucydides

Tiger, I felt like you came off a bit harsh against the rest of us, but to each their own, you know?

I think we all know it is an attack based most likley on a trojan or similar that reports IP update changes (hell, netbus did that), but her parent topic explained that it was farther than just account hijacking. Asking the women to "do things" means two things: electronic extortion (because of account hijacking) and abuse across multiple victims.

Sure she should make sure she gets rid of the infecting trojan, but he needs to be dealt with in a legal manner, or else he'll just move onto the next. This is of course, just in my humble opinion
    \"It is not the strongest of the species that survive, nor the most intelligent, but the one most responsive to change.\"
    - Charles Darwin

Originally posted here by guardian alpha
    Yahoo: 1-408-349-3300

As for how to properly turn someone like that into the authorities, I'm afraid i don't have a clue as to the proper method.
    To report this incident to authorities, all you have to do is go to your local police station.
    Tell them what happened, they will write out a report, and then you can just go back home.
    They will contact you latter on the situation.
    \"keep your friends close, your enemys closer, and your administrator closest.\"

MrT, what information is best to bring to the station? IP address of your system? Chat log? Verification of the event?
    \"It is not the strongest of the species that survive, nor the most intelligent, but the one most responsive to change.\"
    - Charles Darwin

You say the person has been reported by different people to Yahoo?

Is that the extent of Yahoo's response?

What do the rest of you think about reporting this to the Internet Crime Complaint Center?
    http://www.ic3.gov/

Originally posted here by guardian alpha
    MrT, what information is best to bring to the station? IP address of your system? Chat log? Verification of the event?
    The person who you talk to might not be that good with computers or might just be l33t.
    It all doesn't matter, because he will not be asking such questions.
    He will just write the report and send it off to someone who can help you.
    All you really need is your basic information: phone number, where you live, name, etc...
    Latter you will get a phone call, where this guy/girl will ask you questions or request your hard drive.
    I don't know what he/she will want, because I don't know where to start on this without reasarching you problem.
    \"keep your friends close, your enemys closer, and your administrator closest.\"