Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: AP retraction

********** |ceWriterguy

AP retraction

For us idiots out here who green when we wanted to red, or red when we wanted to green, etc..

I'd dearly love to see an additional option added to the 'you can't give ap's to the same post twice' thing - ap retraction. Let us take back (within a certain amount of time, say 5 mins or so?) the ap's we mistakenly gave, and have it reset to as if we'd never done anything to it.

To err is human, to take back ap's divine, to take back greens when you should've redded, then be able to red, or take back reds when you should've greened then be able to green would ROCK!
    Even a broken watch is correct twice a day.

Which coder said that nobody could outcode Microsoft in their own OS? Write a bit and make a fortune!

Hi l3lacklce,

That would be a good feature if it could be implemented....I'm always in a rush to do something so sometimes errors happen...hasn't happened with AP's yet...but eventually I'm sure it would.

Eg

give |3lack|ce a cigar and the silk coat. That's one of the best ideas I've heard in eons. We do make mistakes in APs once in awhile and although the pm may gain some forgiveness, but being able to retract the wrongly assigned points would be even better. And of course a time table must be added as suggested.

Great idea!

cheerio

edit: I bet a grinch shows up and ruins the party though
    Connection refused, try again later.

Banned
    I don't even know where to start as to why this is a bad suggestion
    If you really make a mistake, PM the assignee and correct it some other time if you really feel like it.
    If we'd implement this, in a couple of months you'd see a suggestion so that people would be able to correct their corrections - not to mention the possible abuse...

If I neg some dumb AO member, another even more idiotic ass who can punch in about 20 to 70 points will create a new moronic senior member within a week based on sympathy. The whole basis of your idea is that no one pays much attention or cares for that matter. Make any sense? Of course it does not.

This brings me back to my suggestion which is get rid of a few useless features that do nothing but ultimately sit around and make the rest of the site look ugly and instead focus more on redesigning the site.

I agree, it would be another feature thats used once a month, maybe less. I did assign Negative Aps sometimes by accident, i sedn a PM and tell the member whats up and tell him ill green him when i have spread my APs around, they usually say No problem, dont even worry about it.
    O.G at A.O

i dont think the idea is such a bad idea ..... i couldnt really care less tho if someone got greenies off me accidentally

AO French Antique News Whore
    Idea good... Not the best I saw but it'll prove Jump didn't forget us.
    -Simon \"SDK\"

Not the best I saw but it'll prove Jump didn't forget us.
    You know thats a pretty funny joke there, pal.

********** |ceWriterguy
    Hmm. looks like mixed reviews. I'm curious Neg, as to how this could be exploited if written properly? Remember it's our task to suggest improvements, and it's theirs to make them happen without potential for abuse. PM'ing the assignee is a good thing IF the assignee sticks around long enough to make it happen, OR you didn't neg 'em enough by mistake to ban them. I certainly wouldn't want a little skiddie to benefit from my mistake in awarding greens to them.

Spec: How would this, specifically this, help to create senior members in such a short time? You give an assignment - if it stands, that's it and the timer kicks in. If you fouled up and gave the wrong one you can remove it within the (short) time limit and reassign, then that one stands. Net == 1 assignment total. Once again I see no potential for abuse other than pestering a guy with assignments/retraction/reassign/retract etc ad infinitum ad nauseum. This could be fixed by allowing a retraction to happen once and once only per post. In as much as other means of creating 'another moronic senior member' within a week's time, what's to stop it from happening now? If enough senior members get together and green someone, it can happen in a day - yet it doesn't. Some of us have restraint. Personally, I never green someone after someone else has unless it's a very exceptional post.

[edit] to add to this and further expand on the idea, I suggest putting in something to the effect of (when member clicks on assign ap's to this post after already having assigned and within time limit) - "You have already assigned (negative/positive) antipoints to this post. Were they assigned in error?" Y/N selection. Then "Since the antipoints were assigned in error, would you like to award (negative/positive) antipoints instead? Y/N selection. If yes then the ap assignment is reversed - all greens become all reds, etc. If no, then the ap assignment is just retracted. That's it. At this point if a member clicks on the assign antipoints to this post link again, he gets 'you have already assigned antipoints to this post and retracted or changed them. you may not assign to this post again.'

Again I ask you all, where's the abuse potential? [/edit]
    Even a broken watch is correct twice a day.

Which coder said that nobody could outcode Microsoft in their own OS? Write a bit and make a fortune!