Thread: Novell-MS migration

Question Novell-MS migration

Anyone out there who went through a successful Novell to Microsoft migration?
    Did everything go as smooth as you expected? Did you use any special tools, or do you wish you had?! I would think it's one thing to read about how easy it is SUPPOSED to be, another to have actually experienced it.. heh!!?

Our company has a mixed environment, Novell 6, with Groupwise 6.5 and Novell fileservers plus MS fileservers. (Win2000/2003)
    We are not going to continue with Novell now when they go Linux, but instead make the whole network MS, plus install Exchange.

Any ideas or advice would be very appreciated!! And will be AP rewarded!

Thanks!

Re: Novell-MS migration

Anyone out there who went through a successful Novell to Microsoft migration?
    Yes, more than one. I dont need to be a astrophysics to do that, you know
    Did everything go as smooth as you expected?
    Nope, some i needed to work like hell to met the timeline. And since we copied files thru network (such a bad idea) MS has a very very crap performance on it, comparing to Netware servers.
    Did you use any special tools, or do you wish you had?! I would think it's one thing to read about how easy it is SUPPOSED to be, another to have actually experienced it.. heh!!?
    On clients that could afford for a tool like that we had used. There is alot on market, in special for transfering users and rights to Windows. Since there is no magic on tools, some stuff you will need to do manually since its hard to convert to MS - like container authorization.
    We are not going to continue with Novell now when they go Linux, but instead make the whole network MS, plus install Exchange.
    If you want a MS only environment, it is good choice. Personally, i dont like Exchange, but ive been told that new versions are SO BETTER than W2k version

And will be AP rewarded!
    Only help you will satisfy most of the guys here :P
    Meu sítio

FORMAT C: Yes ...Yes??? ...Nooooo!!! ^C ^C ^C ^C ^C
    If I die before I sleep, I pray the Lord my soul to encrypt.
    If I die before I wake, I pray the Lord my soul to brake.