Captions for Hearing Impaired people

Thread: Captions for Hearing Impaired people

Captions for Hearing Impaired people

Since most of people here are Americans, British and related, i would appreciate some help on this:
    A friend of mine down here at Rain Forest ask me for a site that would contain a lot of subtitles for Hearing Impaired people. His father, that lives here with him, is almost deaf and cant read portuguese subtitles very well. We have a lot of English programming here but, altough i can choose english sound (thru sap), i cant choose (obviously) for captions/subtitles other than portuguese. So my friend will tape his father' favorite programs and subtitle them in english.

Although he asked me for captions, i think that he wants subtitles, since he will add it after.

any help on it will be appreciated.
    Meu sítio

FORMAT C: Yes ...Yes??? ...Nooooo!!! ^C ^C ^C ^C ^C
    If I die before I sleep, I pray the Lord my soul to encrypt.
    If I die before I wake, I pray the Lord my soul to brake.

T̙͓̞̣̯ͦͭͅͅȂͧͭͧ̏̈͏̖̖Z̿ ͆̎̄
    Hi cacosapo,

I'm not sure what you mean...I'm assuming you mean T.V. captions...but most T.V.'s now have a closed-captioning section on the menu that you can turn on and state language preference...
    If you mean site, as in captioning for flash videos and the like, I don't think they're available on the net..I checked and couldn't find any tweak or product that allows for that on the net.
    Can I ask you to be more specific and I'll try to help?

Eg

He asked me for captions, but english t.v. captions - that is not available here, since TV channels here broadcast portuguese t.v. captions. So im looking for english subtitles. He will tape (in fact he will rip to his computer) add english subtitles and give it to his father. Not a hard work. I use to do that with a lot of tv series. (But in my case, i use portuguese subtitles)

Since he didnt specify what shows, im look for a place that i can download english subtitles in general. I have some, such as www.forom.com and extratitles.to, but if someone knows other ones will be helpfull.
    Meu sítio

FORMAT C: Yes ...Yes??? ...Nooooo!!! ^C ^C ^C ^C ^C
    If I die before I sleep, I pray the Lord my soul to encrypt.
    If I die before I wake, I pray the Lord my soul to brake.