Thread: Netork Router Help

Netork Router Help

i use the thompson speed touch 545 router to connect my pcs to the internet which is broadband every was working fine for a couple of months and then suddenly the router stops working and i cant connect to the internet ,theres a flashing light on the router called Line Sync could anyone tell me what this means and if this was some kind of attack on the router that has brought it down

ive tried several times to get the router connecting to the broadband service and it worked a few weeks ago for a day and then stoped again whith the flashing Line Sync. The actual broadband telephone line is fine as i have checked it so its difinitely the router any help thanx

so if you connect a pc to the modem directly then you can get online?

try power cycleing the router, if that doesnt work try hitting the reset button on the router. Also try switching out the cat5 running from the modem to the router. if none of ths works but you can connect to the net if a pc is connected directly to the modem then your router is probably toast. I doubt it was from an attack. Normally an attack will just crash the router and a power cycle will fix it. so if anything your router just decided to break.
    Everyone is going to die, I am just as good of a reason as any.

http://think-smarter.blogspot.com

AO Senior Cow-beller
    "Data is not necessarily information. Information does not necessarily lead to knowledge. And knowledge is not always sufficient to discover truth and breed wisdom." --Spaf
    Anyone who is capable of getting themselves made president should on no account be allowed to do the job. --Douglas Adams (1952-2001)
    "...people find it far easier to forgive others for being wrong than being right." - Albus Percival Wulfric Brian Dumbledore

Hi Cube3k,

This may or may not help you...
    These ones will be obvious in that the Line Sync light will not be showing a "sync" status. Generally a proper line sync will be shown by a solid glowing sync light on the modem, but some oddball modems may show a line sync as a blinking light. For example, some firmware versions of Dynalink RTA100 & 220 show a blinking light, but to add a spanner in the works, these same products when upgraded to more recent firmwares will show a solid light.
    From here...

http://www.ozcableguy.com/routerfaq.html
    Ozcableguy

If you can't find what you're looking for it might be a good reference for another time.

the sync light is on his router not his modem....
    Everyone is going to die, I am just as good of a reason as any.

http://think-smarter.blogspot.com

Hi XTC46,

Bad quote...but the site itself is about routers.

Eg

Your router is losing the connection to your ISP. They are either having standing issues or you forgot to pay your bill. Call em up.
    West of House
    You are standing in an open field west of a white house, with a boarded front door.
    There is a small mailbox here.