Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Installing Slackware.

My preference:

Software- und System Entwicklung
    Connection refused, try again later.

I can't edit my post, because someone comming along would not be able to get their very own sleakware.
    i was just kidding about that and i did fix all of the mistakes, and gore you are correct.

The Duck I would suggest installing redhat and messing with that as a first linux install but if your looking to learn as much as you can i would go with slackware because one of the reason it is my favorite linux flavor is because you have to do all most every thing by hand which help you lean a lot.

gore your words not mine.
    Next, ummmm, not every post is perfect, but for a tutorial sometimes a spell checker works wonders.
    I don't care about some of the typos,

Uhhhh OK, let me point out what I meant yet again;

When I said I don't care about some typos, I mean when you're writing something, I sometimes try to make it look OK, but when you make screw ups on commands as an example, that is bad because obviously someone typing cfdisc or fdisc isn't going to work and they are going to think something else is wrong.

Originally posted here by The Duck
    Well, since we're on the linux subject, I am going to install linux on a **** computer that I have, what is the best noob friendly linux out there? So far I have people have told me SuSe, Mandrake, or Redhat. Any suggestions will be appreciated....
    http://www.antionline.com/showthread...hreadid=253721

http://www.antionline.com/showthread...hreadid=254156

Uhhhh OK, let me point out what I meant yet again;

When I said I don't care about some typos, I mean when you're writing something, I sometimes try to make it look OK, but when you make screw ups on commands as an example, that is bad because obviously someone typing cfdisc or fdisc isn't going to work and they are going to think something else is wrong.
    but then why did you say use spell checker it don’t look for mistakes in commands.

i was just kidding about that and i did fix all of the mistakes, and gore you are correct.
    Of course you were kidding, that was why you put the smiley face there. And you did fix the mistakes, but that is why I did not delete my post. If someone came along and saw your post un-edited and tried those commands, it would not work, if they came back and saw the corrections, then they could fix it.