Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Building You Own PC Part 2!!!

AFLAAACKKK!!
    Wow, I learned something today! I didn't know that you can bend the processor pins and still have it work alright. I guess because I never had that problem before. Thanks for the info!
    I am the uber duck!!1
    Proxy Tools

It isnt normaly the pin straightening process that fuxors a cpu..it is How they got Bent in the first Place that is responsable

The Duck.. this was a better tutorial than the first.. I am pleased that you didnt give up after the bagging you got the first time around..

and with static straps.. check the lead regularly.. have had the earth lead break after a couple of months.. as well the contact(?) wires in the strap can lose contact with the Buttom..or is it the other way around... in other words check that the earth strap is still an earth strap..
    "Consumer technology now exceeds the average persons ability to comprehend how to use it..give up hope of them being able to understand how it works." - Me http://www.cybercrypt.co.nr

Nice tutorial The Duck but their is just one thing i would liek to add for safety reason for thoes new to building your own computer or just new to computer hardware neavor try to fix a monitor or even open one up for that fact Especially wile it is on because a monitor can have up to 20,000 volts in it which would more than likley kill you if you got zaped just thaught i would mention it and again nice tutorial Duck.

AFLAAACKKK!!
    Thank you all for the positive feedback!

Undertaker, I was pretty determined to finish the what I started . The reason why I chose to do the first tutorial is because I was afraid that some people would get lost and not know where I got some of the hardware. Like for instance, not everyone knows what a socket 478 is. Well, in the first tutorial this kind of explains a little bit about it and gives links with pictures of everything. I just thought it would be better to explain the whole process for everyone to truely understand it. But I'm glad everyone likes the assembly part better, it seems to be the section that everyone learned the most from.

And yes riot, messing around with the inside of monitors, some kinds of printers, and PSU's are big no no's .
    I am the uber duck!!1
    Proxy Tools