Kaspersky Anti-Virus Program

Thread: Kaspersky Anti-Virus Program

Kaspersky Anti-Virus Program

Recently after tackling a tough virus I discovered along the way that Kaspersky Anti-Virus Program installed ADS code on my entire hard drive. Hijackthis ADS Spy was able to detect and remove all the coded ADS files. ADS means Alternative Data and I did not feel comfortable using Kaspersky again after I found out about this. Needless to say I uninstalled it. a DOS stan along program called LADS also helped in discovering such Code. From what I understand the reasoning behind this code was to supposedly speed up the scanning engine for the program, but I don't know as if I buy that or not to be true. Anyways if anyone else is aware of this please post some feedback.

Kaspersky are well established multi-million dollar outfit. They wouldn't screw around. Just make sure that you have a legitimate copy Cracked software can contain anything

Cheers

AO's Mr Grumpy

Re: Kaspersky Anti-Virus Program

Originally posted here by isle_of_infamy
    Anyways if anyone else is aware of this please post some feedback.
    As a Kaspersky AV user for many years, I personally have never encountered any problems with their software.
    Details of the problem to which you refer was published and action taken by Kaspersky in Sept 2000
    Kaspersky Labs Int. is solving the problem of ADS NTFS viruses

http://www.kaspersky.com/news?id=110
    Computer says no
    (Carol Beer)

hmmmm

perhaps I got a bad copy as you say.. it would not seem that they would do such things.