Thread: recreate windows hidden files.

recreate windows hidden files.

Hi Their are hidden file in windows like the ones that keep track of every ware you go online and ever web site you visite. I have been trying to recreate these hidden files in other places as a better way to hide files for you self because the way that windows hids them you can not see them you can not use find to find them and if you use the command prompt and do a dir of the directory and get a list of files you dont see the file their. Now i have been abe to get the file to dissapear in the command prompt and to the find option in windows but i have not been successful in getting the file to dissapear like in these other windows files. If any one has any suggestion on how i could do this or if the know how to actually do it plz post it, and if you arent sure on what i am talking about here is a tutorial on it that i found on AO http://www.antionline.com/showthread...0&pagenumber=1

in windows view options..
    like most of the ppl uncheck only the option saying show hidden files n folders....
    bt there is more to it..
    there is 1 mor check box namely:
    "hide operating system files (recommended).
    thats checked by default..
    n theses files don't come even in search...u can see its contents by using type command in command by using exact name..
    bt wen u try copy it will say file not found..
    try using uncheck that..
    i think that will help//
    ashtified

in windows view options..
    like most of the ppl uncheck only the option saying show hidden files n folders....
    bt there is more to it..
    there is 1 mor check box namely:
    "hide operating system files (recommended).
    thats checked by default..
    n theses files don't come even in search...u can see its contents by using type command in command by using exact name..
    bt wen u try copy it will say file not found..
    try using uncheck that..
    i think that will help//
    ashtified
    WTF are you talking abut, w/e you said is already in the tutorial he linked us to, and by the way, he's trying to hide OTHER files for himself and bot view system filles. jesus christ, read the whole damn post before answering with something irrelevant.
    O.G at A.O

I don't know if it still works, but at some point in time people had a ball with moving stuff into the Windows "Fonts" folder...

If you can figure out how to do that (not hard at all), you can hide files. Although it is pretty easy to find these files if you know what to do so it might not fall under your criteria of being hard to find... Cheers.

why not use the Command mode

change the attribute of the file to System Hidden or as well Read only?

there are other tricks like the non-displayed characters trick and the Blank Icon.. you will need to be on your balls so you don't lose the files..
    "Consumer technology now exceeds the average persons ability to comprehend how to use it..give up hope of them being able to understand how it works." - Me http://www.cybercrypt.co.nr

Originally posted here by Und3ertak3r
    why not use the Command mode

change the attribute of the file to System Hidden or as well Read only?

there are other tricks like the non-displayed characters trick and the Blank Icon.. you will need to be on your balls so you don't lose the files..
    I know how to make a file dissapear but what i am really looking to do if find how how they make these hidden files dissapear. because i maide an exact copy of the file tree ware the hidden files are keeped and it still dose not work so really what i thinki i am trying to do is find out what is their secret to making thses files hidden bvecause after i copied that destop.ini files that you edit to make them visable to a new directory they dont work any more even after i have changed the desktop.ini file back to its orignal state. and i have also found an easer way to look at the hidden files all you have to do is copu your Temporary Internet Files folder out of your local settings folder and put it some ware else and the so called secret files will appear weird.