Thread: Ad-Aware Scan Freeze

Ad-Aware Scan Freeze

I figured I mine as well start a separate thread about this issue in effort to get extended feedback on it.

the initial post was posted back in december , 2004 here:

http://www.lavasoftsupport.com/index...howtopic=55471

as time went on I inquired with my own threads about this dilema.

Well safemode usually works for me or if its 2k/xp, if you goto task manager and right click a process you can set its priority to low. I just tried doing that a couple weeks ago and it worked pretty well, try it out.

safe mode

so you're saying to scan in safe mode ?

hmm not a bad idea I may try that.

thanks, and I will let you know the results.

that didn't help so that tells me that the program is dependent on a something in my opinion, however I may be wrong.

Hoopy Frood
    Uninstall Ad-Aware. Delete the Lavasoft directory (if it still exists.) Redownload Ad-Aware SE. Reinstall, boot into Safemode and try again. Post Results.

- Xierox
    "Personality is only ripe when a man has made the truth his own."

-- Søren Kierkegaard

What do you mean it did not work? did it come up at all and did you try in 2k/xp, if you goto task manager and right click a process you can set its priority to low.

Safe Mode is usually fool proof when running any type of antivirus, or Spyware/adware tools. When the OS is in safe mode, only the minimum required drivers are loaded, and usually nothing is running in memory.

ok

ok here's the deal first off when u say go to task manager u mean mstask.exe in system32 folder? 2nd of all I don't know why it won't work in safe mode, but it doesn't.

I will try this task manager trick of low priority that you all aree telling me to do and get back with you on it.

thanks, Greg

Hoopy Frood
    Have you tried my suggestion, isle_of_infamy?

- Xierox
    "Personality is only ripe when a man has made the truth his own."

-- Søren Kierkegaard