I've been making full use of the ability SSH has of creating secure connections through the use of keys, but I recently hit a snag. Up to this point, I've been testing some passphrase-less keys between 2 HP-UX systems (I know this is not a good idea, but this is a proof-of-concept sort of thing). It's now possible for me to log on to the second HP-UX system as myself without a password, and also as another system user (lp) without a password by moving my public key around to the authorized_keys file in my own .ssh directory and in the .ssh directory for the "lp" user, respectively, on the remote system. To get that to work on HP-UX, I had to create my own "config" file to specify Protocol 2,1 (to force HP-UX to use SSH2 rather than 1 which is it's default on our installation). Recently, however, I created an SSH key-pair on my Linux system and tried copying the public key across to one of the HP-UX boxes I administer and tried to log in. I expected it would log me right in without a password, but it prompted me for a password as if there was no change. Are there any additional modifications to the config file I need to include other than "Protocol 2,1", or is there something else I'm missing to get this to work? Do I need to create the keys on HP-UX, then move both the public and private down to the linux system?