Thread: Get Old Mail

Get Old Mail

Hi all,

I get old email every day. i don't leave any copy on the server. Do you know how can i trace this problem?

thanks,

Lovebugz

Not quite sure what you mean by getting old E-mail...you mean you're getting mail that's being delivered late...like the post office ?
    As for tracing...don't these E-Mails come with a senders address ?

Get Old Email

Umm.. I mean i get the same message twice every day. when i download my mail some mails are got the last month. i mean some are from jan and sum are feb. they all are i already get.

i dont why i get this old mail. please save me from this noisy thing.

Lovebugz

What program, if you use a program, do you use to get your mail?
    What server do you get your mail from?
    If you use a web interface to get your mail, what is the address of the web interface?

Originally posted here by lovebugz
    Umm.. I mean i get the same message twice every day. when i download my mail some mails are got the last month. i mean some are from jan and sum are feb. they all are i already get.

This is what I got down so far(correct me if I'm wrong):
    -Get all E-mail twice at the same time
    -When you go to view your E-mails, they arrive a month late.

How do you know you get the message a month late, what did you check?

MrT,

I am useing Mdaemon 6.0.7 for my local network. But I don't know what software my ISP used.

Thanks,

Lovebugz

Hoopy Frood
    It's possible that there's a large attachment that your client is timing out upon. If your internet provider offers a webmail service, log in and check all the file sizes. Delete any large ones or try increasing the timeout period on your e-mail client. If this doesn't work for you, it might be a good idea to call your ISP's tech support. They would probably be able to help you better than we could. (i.e. they can check your account on their side and make sure your mailbox isn't damaged or anything like that.)

- Xierox
    "Personality is only ripe when a man has made the truth his own."

-- Søren Kierkegaard

I already ask my ISP and they traced for a week. No solution for me. THat's why i post here. (My ISP is a **** kind of thing, they are suck). there are no big mail at my web mail. but at there i can see old mail on the webmail. I think my ISP cause this problem. Not my Mdaemon because i can see old mail at Webmail.

Hmmm... very dizzy

Lovebugz

Hoopy Frood
    You could try calling the ISP and having them wipe all the mail from your account. (Or you could just do this through your webmail.) It's worth a shot... Sometimes there can be a corrupted message. Before you wipe all the mail, though, does your e-mail stop downloading at any particular message? If so, try deleting that message right there, because that could be the corrupt one.

- Xierox
    "Personality is only ripe when a man has made the truth his own."

-- Søren Kierkegaard

My ISP told me that they will trace with message ID, and i give them the duplicate mail message id. I dont know what they will reply me...

Waiting the HOPE...

Lovebugz