uplink game

Thread: uplink game

uplink game

hay have any of you played or have this game called uplink. is it worth the money; or is it just another way to get your money.

just wanted to know what you think.

the website isuplink.co.uk if you never seen it before.

thinks for the input.

Its fun for a while but i got bored with it.

Note that its more of a puzzle then anything else. But fun one i think.
    Since the beginning of time, Man has searched for the answers to the big questions: \'How did we get here?\' \'Is there life after death?\' \'Are we alone?\' But today, in this very theatre, you will be asked to answer the biggest question of them all...WHO LIVES IN A PINEAPPLE UNDER THE SEA?

thanks for the input moonwolf.

Is it a good adaptation of what a hacker/cracker might do to get into my system. or is it just a game

its not even close.

There is no looking for bugs or finding that one way in. Its basicly a number of defences a system has and a number of increasingly more powerfull programs to penetrate or subvert those defences. Your limited by processor speed and bandwith and you got to execute programs do stuff in a limited amount of time.

I think there was a demo out there, maybe you should try that.
    Since the beginning of time, Man has searched for the answers to the big questions: \'How did we get here?\' \'Is there life after death?\' \'Are we alone?\' But today, in this very theatre, you will be asked to answer the biggest question of them all...WHO LIVES IN A PINEAPPLE UNDER THE SEA?

tryed the demo and could not get past a code that needed to be entered.

could not find a crack for that. i tryed google and found nothing.

thanks for the feed back. have a good morning. i need sleep.

mugmanex

Hoopy Frood
    I thought it was a very good simulation of the type of Hollywood hacking (*cough* cracking). I don't know that I'd pay for it, the demo was enough for me. But the game itself was pretty good, I thought. As the seconds until I was traced ticked down, I could feel myself start to swear. :-D Definetly worth playing.

- Xierox

P.S. And no, this will tell you absolutely nothing about how to tell if a hacker is in your system. ^_^
    "Personality is only ripe when a man has made the truth his own."

-- Sųren Kierkegaard

Banned
    Is it a good adaptation of what a hacker/cracker might do to get into my system. or is it just a game
    I'll let you think about that for awhile, dumb ****.