Thread: 3D Mark???

3D Mark???

Hello all!
    In one forum there was a question: "What is 3D mark?"
    I answered that that is a program for testing how good your PC is. How fast is the processor and so on...(In my answer I didn't mention the graphic card)!
    I was accused that this is absolutly wrong answer and that 3D mark has nothing to do with the processor. Is it so? If yes why when in the Pc newspapers when they test a CPU they make also test with 3D mark?
    Remember, all I\'m offering is the truth, nothing more.

AOs Resident Troll
    From Toms Hardware Guide

Article Info
    3D Mark 2003: The Gamers' Benchmark (?)
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Created:
    February 13, 2003
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    By:
    Lars Weinand
    Category:
    Columns

Summary:
    The new 3D Mark 2003 is finaly available but are we happy with it? Here are some thoughts.

3D Mark 2003 - The Gamers' Benchmark (?)

The new 3D Mark 2003 is here! After the initial hype, however, users and hardware testers quickly sobered up. The CPU performance doesn't appear to play a very big role for the final result. Only the graphics card is ultimately responsible for the 3D Mark score.

http://www.tomshardware.com/column/20030213/

MLF
    How people treat you is their karma- how you react is yours-Wayne Dyer

Thanks for the reply!
    I don't understand why if the CPu has no role with the 3D mark why they use it. Yesterday I read an article for P4 6xx 3.73GHz and there were shown the results from 3D mark.
    Remember, all I\'m offering is the truth, nothing more.