LOTS!!! of security patches for March.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: LOTS!!! of security patches for March.

LOTS!!! of security patches for March.

hehe.. actually they are not planning to release any patches for March. So the windows administrators will be able to spend next week doing something other than installing/certifying patches.

"On 8 March 2005 the Microsoft Security Response Center is planning to release no new security bulletins.

Although we do not anticipate any changes, the number of bulletins, products affected, restart information and severities are subject to change until released. "

Damn... I was hoping for some. I love watching WUS and SUS at work.

Just watch the log file fill up...

Guess they'll make up for it next month?
    Quitmzilla is a firefox extension that gives you stats on how long you have quit smoking, how much money you\'ve saved, how much you haven\'t smoked and recent milestones. Very helpful for people who quit smoking and used to smoke at their computers... Helps out with the urges.

Banned
    if i may ... what is wus and sus?

Quitmzilla is a firefox extension that gives you stats on how long you have quit smoking, how much money you\'ve saved, how much you haven\'t smoked and recent milestones. Very helpful for people who quit smoking and used to smoke at their computers... Helps out with the urges.

AO Ancient: Team Leader
    Phish:

Hush! Don't tell them about it..... If they realize how easy it is to release patches to your entire network they'll have nothing to complain about....
    Don\'t SYN us.... We\'ll SYN you.....
    \"A nation that draws too broad a difference between its scholars and its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards, and its fighting done by fools.\" - Thucydides

lol, the computer may need rebooting depending on the patch, but they don't have to do it.
    West of House
    You are standing in an open field west of a white house, with a boarded front door.
    There is a small mailbox here.

AO Ancient: Team Leader
    Gore:

They do? Damn.... I hadn't noticed all my machines rebooting.... I must be slipping.....

Some updates require rebooting.... Most don't. But that isn't really an issue in windows compared to SUSE because windows boots so much more quickly on the same hardware than SUSE does. I know this for a fact..... This box dual boots.... much more slowly to SUSE and I have added a ton of **** to windows and nothing to SUSE.....
    Don\'t SYN us.... We\'ll SYN you.....
    \"A nation that draws too broad a difference between its scholars and its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards, and its fighting done by fools.\" - Thucydides

Originally posted here by RoadClosed
    lol, the computer may need rebooting depending on the patch, but they don't have to do it.
    Exactly... I push out the updates and don't require a reboot until the user is done for the day.
    The "reboot" is the user turning it off in the evening and back on in the morning.

Windows (2k/xp) does come with a mail server... IIS SMTP.
    Its just not installed by default, and I generally disable it.

http://www.microsoft.com/mind/1299/s...0/smtp2000.asp

Oh, and you can add a ssh server, ftp, terminal services, IIS, SMTP... it does boot faster.
    I have all that running on a 2k box... and it is faster than linux with all ther services disabled on similar hardware!

Lets not turn this into a linux vs windows thread... we have enough of them.
    We know your stance on linux... no need to come preaching to the choir.

Most of us here use both linux and windows. (at least I do) There are benefits for both.

Use the right tool for the job.

AOs Resident Troll
    Use the right tool for the job.
    well said

MLF
    How people treat you is their karma- how you react is yours-Wayne Dyer