Thread: Data Scandal!

Data Scandal!

In fact, this article is discussing one of the most important issues, data expsoser and how we can responed rapidly to it .... what if your bank exposed your financial statues to another party, wouldn't you be very angry?

A New Reality

"In days gone by, you could have thrown up your hands and said, 'Geez, this was an accident,'" says Scott Sobel, vice president at Levick Strategic Communications in Washington. "But now people are more familiar with IT processes, and they may believe that if controls weren't in place, someone was negligent or malicious."

That's why your immediate response to a security breach is all-important. And it's not enough to lean on processes you've put in place to respond to more traditional threats such as viruses and hacker infiltration. Today, threats can emanate from sources as varied as fraudulent businesses or tape thieves.

"The failures in the business processes that have occurred this year are causing organizations to redesign the way they respond to future incidents or anomalies," says Rich Baich, managing director at PricewaterhouseCoopers and former chief information security officer at ChoicePoint Inc. in Alpharetta, Ga. Earlier this year, it was revealed that ChoicePoint had released consumers' personal financial information to data thieves posing as legitimate businesses.

Full article - Click Here
    \"The only truly secure system is one that is powered off, cast in a block of concrete and sealed in a lead-lined room with armed guards - and even then I have my doubts\".....Spaf
    Everytime I learn a new thing, I discover how ignorant I am.- ... Black Cluster

Good read..

Forwarded to my manager

Hope he reads it and possibly rethinks some of our ways..
    ASCII stupid question, get a stupid ANSI.
    When in Russia, pet a PETSCII.

Get your ass over to SLAYRadio the best station for C64 Remixes !

He better, otherwise he will jinx the whole business ....
    \"The only truly secure system is one that is powered off, cast in a block of concrete and sealed in a lead-lined room with armed guards - and even then I have my doubts\".....Spaf
    Everytime I learn a new thing, I discover how ignorant I am.- ... Black Cluster