Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: This is _too_ Beautiful to ignore

I just added approx. 1500 domains associated with CoolWebSearch (from http://www.spywareinfo.com/~merijn/junk/cws_domains.txt) and Rogue Anti-Spyware (http://www.spywarewarrior.com/rogue_anti-spyware.htm).

Please test as the zonefile now contains approx 3800 zones (about half of which are associated with CoolWebSearch).

Thanks!

Originally posted here by dglosser
    I'm reading this thread with great interest since I'm one the people who originally put the DNS Black-Hole file together
    -I'm adding about 1500 CoolWebSearch domains within the next day or two.
    Oh cool....thanks for all your work - good work there! It works fabulously. Thanks for adding CWS!

- I purposely left out the mvps list (and others) since it contains many *ad servers*, which most corporations may not want to block
    Yeah but we dont care if our users cant get ads. You do have to be carefull because there are a couple AOL servers on the MVPS list and couple others that might affect valid traffic. An engineer who works for me is modifying my Perl script to remove the hostname off the domain. This is also an effort to reduce the number of domains that need added. We're examining the list closely.

I couldn't get your new file to work. I thought the file was too big...

You've got TONS of repeat entries in there...

I'm counting the first entry (000info.com) 5 times...
    Looks like the whole list is repeated that many times?

I'm not sure how you tried to merge them... or I'd fix it.

BTW: Thanks for all the work you put into this. Great idea!
    Quitmzilla is a firefox extension that gives you stats on how long you have quit smoking, how much money you\'ve saved, how much you haven\'t smoked and recent milestones. Very helpful for people who quit smoking and used to smoke at their computers... Helps out with the urges.

Very interesting subject.
    At this moment I don't have a need for this kind of setup, but I'll remeber it for future.

Tiger: I wanted to assign you some ponits for bringing this up, but before I could do that, I must "spread my antipoints"...
    Ikalo
    ------
    Make your knowledge your deadliest weapon.

You've got TONS of repeat entries in there...
    Yikes! The bind file looks good, it looks like the program to create the boot file is foobar'ed. Thanks for pointing that out. I believe the problem is the file is not being reset when it is overwritten by the master template. It's being worked on as we speak. I think you can cut out the duplicates in one shot and just leave one set in... Or go to the "cvs" page and pick up an older copy. Well, this is a beta

Yeah but we dont care if our users cant get ads. You do have to be carefull because there are a couple AOL servers on the MVPS list and couple others that might affect valid traffic.
    That was my main problem, as our users (and the users at many other corporations) need to see the ads. The MVPS list is now concentrating on malware sites, but there are many ad networks still listed.

Thanks for the feedback.

The file was fixed. It now contains "only" 3800 domains. Thanks.

AO Ancient: Team Leader
    I have to congratulate you on an elegant solution....

I love it....
    Don\'t SYN us.... We\'ll SYN you.....
    \"A nation that draws too broad a difference between its scholars and its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards, and its fighting done by fools.\" - Thucydides

The new file works great! Thanks.
    Quitmzilla is a firefox extension that gives you stats on how long you have quit smoking, how much money you\'ve saved, how much you haven\'t smoked and recent milestones. Very helpful for people who quit smoking and used to smoke at their computers... Helps out with the urges.

Great news. If anyone has any pointers for using it in an AD domain, please let us know so we can update the how-to document. Thanks again.

I had to forward my AD DNS servers to 2 member servers in which I just installed DNS without AD support.

So, my clients lookup to the AD DNS servers which forward to the stand alone servers which forward to my ISP's DNS servers.

Just in case one or both of my member servers (black hole servers) go down, the AD servers will forward to my ISP's DNS servers.

AFAIK, you can't use a boot file when using DNS in AD mode.

TS and I discussed that earlier in this thread... I beleive that configured the black hole dns on his public DNS servers and then forwarded his AD servers to his public DNS servers.