Legal kinda question

Thread: Legal kinda question

Question Legal kinda question

Does anyone know if there is an online source to find out how much someone makes? For instance, if I wanted to know how much person X makes, I could pull up a credit report or tax report???
    Just curious...
    Sex is like \"Social Security\". You get a little each month, but it\'s not enough to live on.

Not any one person in particular unless they're quite high on the corporate chain. But, if they are, you can use Yahoo's finance.yahoo.com to research a company and see how much their company's executives are paid. Hope this helps.

********** |ceWriterguy
    I'm pretty sure you can't find an exact salary within the public domain unless the person is a designated officer of a corporation, or an elected official, and then you can only get the salary info for that specific office. You *can* however, get a good guesstimate of the salary for his field (If I'm remembering correctly) by looking up his job title on a site like Monster.Com - it'll show you the high, low, and median salary ranges for that job, and I think you can get a bit more location specific as well.
    Even a broken watch is correct twice a day.

Which coder said that nobody could outcode Microsoft in their own OS? Write a bit and make a fortune!

No..................

Sorry, it is that simple..............sure you could find that I got paid by the XYZ Corporation..............but what about the others: the foreign/offshore...............If you find an answer then the IRS and the FBI will employ you for life!

OK , cool so none of those "private eye" stuff you see online would reveal that sort of info. Great guys/gals thanks a bunch.
    Sex is like \"Social Security\". You get a little each month, but it\'s not enough to live on.

wildred, if you are asking specifictly about "private eye" stuff, I don't have an answer. But I did a google search on someone I know, this person works as a teacher, and all the salaries for that district were online. I guess this falls under public record. If you are looking for someone's salary, you could give it a try.

********** |ceWriterguy
    Understand Wildred, that we are discussing *legal* means. I'm quite sure through social engineering, or a well placed crack, such information could be discovered - depending upon the corporation, probably quite easily. I'm pretty sure most PI's don't have the savvy to do such discovery from a purely technological standpoint, but most have the social engineering skills. It's all a matter of ethics and scruples, and most (again, I said most) private investigators I've met, employed, or dealt with are completely lacking in either.
    Even a broken watch is correct twice a day.

Which coder said that nobody could outcode Microsoft in their own OS? Write a bit and make a fortune!

Thanks for the input blackice, i have to agree with you. i think this is the case as well re: my income...a well placed trojan of some sort or someone speaking with the accounting staff (social eng.)...thanks folks