Thread: Difficult XP Home/Pro monikers change in Longhorn

Exclamation Difficult XP Home/Pro monikers change in Longhorn

[Relates to MS operating system]

According to PC World article, http://www.pcworld.com/news/article/...119307,00.asp,

"Microsoft plans to drop the "Home" and "Pro" tags with the next release of Windows, code-named Longhorn,"

In the same paragraph, comes this little gem :

"For one, Microsoft has decided that the Home and Pro monikers it introduced with Windows XP to distinguish versions of the operating system meant for home and office use are not descriptive enough. There will be versions of Longhorn specifically meant for consumer and business use, but the naming will be changed. Having more friendly names that more accurately describe what the products are is going to be a big focus for us."

[My comments ]

I guess the words HOME and PROFESSIONAL weren't understood enough by the general public. So what are we gonna see now??

Windows XP Home becomes "Windows XP - This is for the place you mostly sleep, eat and have sex at".

Windows XP Pro becomes "Windows XP- This is for where you get paid half of what your worth".

Or similar ideas.

(Side note: What kind of terrible problems has confusing these operating systems done??) HUH?
    ZT3000
    Beta tester of "0"s and "1"s"

Windows XP Home becomes "Windows XP - This is for the place you mostly sleep, eat and have sex at".

Windows XP Pro becomes "Windows XP- This is for where you get paid half of what your worth".
    lol I eat and sleep more while at work than I do at home, and if I had a good looking/dateable co-worker Id have more sex here too. lol
    Everyone is going to die, I am just as good of a reason as any.

http://think-smarter.blogspot.com

THey probably got the idea from a panel of idiots they sampled at Wal Mart or MSN.com.
    West of House
    You are standing in an open field west of a white house, with a boarded front door.
    There is a small mailbox here.

AO Ancient: Team Leader
    This would be very confusing in the Clinton White House....

I'm figuring on a few versions:-

1. Microsoft Longhorn Lamer Edition: This edition will be pre-loaded on computers that are sold by Best Buy etc. It will only allow surfing, gaming and email, (comes with parental controls on the administrator).

2. Microsoft Longhorn Home Luser Edition: This edition will only be loaded on consumer grade computers ordered from Dell, Gateway etc. and will be the same as the Lamer Edition but will have Office XP loaded too.

3. Microsoft Longhorn Employee Luser Edition: Locked down tighter than a ducks ass this edition is the Cadillac of the LE editions - It only operates in the presence of a non-default Group Policy.

4. Microsoft Longhorn Lame Admin Edition: This workstation OS is similar to the Lamer Edition but it allows the user to add and delete users from Active Directory. Parental controls are in effect.

5. Microsoft Longhorn Luser Admin Server: This server edition is sold in partnership with the Lame Admin Edition. All aspects of public services are controlled by Microsoft or an authorized Microsoft Longhorn Professional Workstation.

6. Microsoft Longhorn Professional Workstation: 'Nuff said.

7. Microsoft Longhorn Professional Server: See Microsoft Longhorn Professional Workstation
    Don\'t SYN us.... We\'ll SYN you.....
    \"A nation that draws too broad a difference between its scholars and its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards, and its fighting done by fools.\" - Thucydides