Thread: XP SP2 deadline looms

Exclamation XP SP2 deadline looms

"Time is running out!" Microsoft said. "Please note that the mechanism to temporarily disable delivery of Windows XP SP2 is only available for a period of 240 days (eight months) from Aug. 16, 2004. At the end of this period (after April 12, 2005), Windows XP SP2 will be delivered to all Windows XP and Windows XP Service Pack 1 systems."

Just a reminder.

ZT3000
    Beta tester of "0"s and "1's"

thaks for the heads up.

we have pretty much deployed SP2 to XP clients accross the board.

AO Senior Cow-beller

Re: XP SP2 deadline looms

Originally posted here by ZT3000
    "Time is running out!" Microsoft said. "Please note that the mechanism to temporarily disable delivery of Windows XP SP2 is only available for a period of 240 days (eight months) from Aug. 16, 2004. At the end of this period (after April 12, 2005), Windows XP SP2 will be delivered to all Windows XP and Windows XP Service Pack 1 systems."
    ZT3000, uhm, thanks...I think. Where does this info come from? I have heard some things that this might be related to, but really, if you're going to post something like this, a link to the official source would be nice.

And as a side note, I can tell you that this might generate quite the stir of discussion around here, depending on the details of this ultimatum...but then, we don't know any details...because we don't have a link...
    "Data is not necessarily information. Information does not necessarily lead to knowledge. And knowledge is not always sufficient to discover truth and breed wisdom." --Spaf
    Anyone who is capable of getting themselves made president should on no account be allowed to do the job. --Douglas Adams (1952-2001)
    "...people find it far easier to forgive others for being wrong than being right." - Albus Percival Wulfric Brian Dumbledore

Exclamation

Thanks Jebo.

I thought this was common knowledge so I was only posting a reminder.
    I will consider source links in future posts.
    Thanks for the heads up!

ZT3000
    Beta tester of "0"s and "1's"

I could see where forcing someone to apply sofware is an issue, but in reality this is a security patch, and (if memory serves) it was released in August of 2004. Seven months ago.
    West of House
    You are standing in an open field west of a white house, with a boarded front door.
    There is a small mailbox here.

Originally posted here by RoadClosed
    I could see where forcing someone to apply sofware is an issue, but in reality this is a security patch, and (if memory serves) it was released in August of 2004. Seven months ago.
    I guess it would depend on your point of view. If you compare this heavy handedness to the firestone tire recall, it would appear to be a safe beneficial requirement. I mean, it would really suck if my sound card driver came apart trying to stream media at 1.5kbps and then my computer flipped upside down and injured my whole family. Heh..... Sorry...
    There are many rewarding oppurtunities awaiting composure from like minds and great ideas. It in my objective to interconnect great things.

At the same time people IGNORE the fact that this is a security patch. And an old one at that. If you don't like it, turn your automatic updates OFF and get hacked. Simple.
    West of House
    You are standing in an open field west of a white house, with a boarded front door.
    There is a small mailbox here.