Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: MSN Defacement

MSN Defacement

Zone-h just reported a defacement of the MSN shopping domain. Looks like the hacker(s) "Bautista" whacked a slew W2K servers today. Here's the link - Better catch it before it disappears.

http://shopping.msn.com.sg/x.htm
    The mentally handicaped are persecuted in this great country, and I say rightfully so! These people are NUTS!!!!

ouch. pretty funny. major burn on MSN!

Yes. Very embarrassing! I'm kind of stumped on how it was pulled off though. With all the layers of security that MSN employs...I'm inclined to think that it was an inside job. Oh well.... who knows.
    The mentally handicaped are persecuted in this great country, and I say rightfully so! These people are NUTS!!!!

With all the stuff going on with Choicepoint....This came at a very bad for Microsoft. I wonder if people are starting to realize maybe Microsoft pulled MSN logins for external sites for breaches such as this and their vulverable messenging service.

You have to love some old school hacking fun. He even telles them the files arn't deleated. How nice.

I can't believe it's still up. Oh wait, is this really an msn domain? shopping.msn.com.sg?

Singapore?

//EDIT I see my sig is getting popular.
    West of House
    You are standing in an open field west of a white house, with a boarded front door.
    There is a small mailbox here.

AO Senior Cow-beller
    Yes, that IS a valid MSN domain.
    Thanks to SamSpade.org
    Server Used: [ whois.nic.net.sg ]

http://shopping.msn.com.sg/ = [ 165.21.9.165 ]

The following data is provided for information purposes only.
    Registrar: SingNet Pte Ltd
    Registrant:
    MICROSOFT SINGAPORE PTE LTD
    Domain Name: msn.com.sg
    Creation Date: 13-08-1998 00: 00: 00
    Expiration Date: 13-08-2005 00: 00: 00
    Domain Status: Active
    Owner/Main Contact:
    Name: MICROSOFT SINGAPORE PTE LTDSGNIC-ORGMI126114
    Registered Address(line1): 5 TEMASEK BOULEVARD
    Registered Address(line2): 09-03 SUNTEC CITY TOWER
    Registered Address(line3):
    Registered Country: Singapore
    Registered Postalcode: 038985
    Screen shot attached, in case they ever get around to killing it.
    "Data is not necessarily information. Information does not necessarily lead to knowledge. And knowledge is not always sufficient to discover truth and breed wisdom." --Spaf
    Anyone who is capable of getting themselves made president should on no account be allowed to do the job. --Douglas Adams (1952-2001)
    "...people find it far easier to forgive others for being wrong than being right." - Albus Percival Wulfric Brian Dumbledore

Guess I should have checked before opening my large orifice.

//EDIT you would think that if MS had some direct control over them they would be offline by now. Still up as of 22:38 UTC.
    West of House
    You are standing in an open field west of a white house, with a boarded front door.
    There is a small mailbox here.

how is it possible that this has been up for so long and no one from the microsoft camp has noticed yet?

is it just me or does something smell fishy?

Just a Virtualized Geek MrLinus's Avatar
    Well there seems to be two things here.

First, has anyone here actually sent a note to abuse@msn.com.sg or abuse@msn.org? It's very likely they don't know about it given point 2.

Second, it doesn't seem to be a main linked page so it may not "show up on their radar". Not a good reason but I wonder if it's not really a "store" but rather a random page that was created. I tried searching for their page locally and it doesn't appear.

The source is interesting to look at. They went to some lengths to hide their source (linked photo). A search through Google pulls up a variety of similar sites.
    Goodbye, Mittens (1992-2008). My pillow will be cold without your purring beside my head
    Extra! Extra! Get your FREE copy of Insight Newsletter||MsMittens' HomePage