Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Not Black Enough.

Not Black Enough.

Ok. So what I get out of this article is: Any black person that supports a conservative agenda is automatically labled as an Uncle Tom. At least white conservatives just refer to ohter white liberal party members as smart-asses. This is a reference to the donkey symbol of course, and is intended as a compliment

And the left marches on!

Full Story: http://orient.bowdoin.edu/orient/art...section=2&id=2
    Students at Bowdoin College in Maine are shredding the College Republicans there for inviting a black conservative to speak on campus during Black History Month, according to the student paper there.

The critics say North Carolinian Vernon Robinson is not really a black guy; he is, they say, an “Uncle Tom” who has no right to speak on campus. One writer said (with a straight face, apparently) that the Republican student group “displayed its lack of openness by inviting” him.

“To have Robinson speak at this school as a representative of Black History Month destroys the racial peace movement that has been formulating on this campus,” one wrote.
    Student Responses: http://orient.bowdoin.edu/orient/art...section=2&id=7
    The mentally handicaped are persecuted in this great country, and I say rightfully so! These people are NUTS!!!!

I am sure you have heard left minded persons, refer to a couple of highly respected Afican Americans such as Mr. Powell and Mrs. Rice as.... house niggers. I wonder if they realize they are doing nothing outside of condemning their own race, or at a minimum condemning themselves and their real IQs.

I hid this because I used a word that is highly offensive in America. Unless it's on MTV and you have a couple of Ho's in the video with 10 year olds watching for fun and pleasure. But for some it's a compliment. For instance, my best friend calls me a nigga. I am pasty white, and in this context that is a compliment. But for Rice and Powell, and this guy - it is like one of the greatest insults you can inflict.
    West of House
    You are standing in an open field west of a white house, with a boarded front door.
    There is a small mailbox here.

Off-topic,

Do not award AP's in Cosmos...!!! The above AP assignment to RoadClosed was the work of a person suffering from the effects of the flu...causing temporary brain-damage.

Eg

() \/V |\| 3 |) |3\/ |\|3G47|\/3
    This country has gone to hell. I've come to the conclusion that I can't be far enough right to offset the stealthy infiltration of the left's agenda into unsuspecting citizens' everyday thinking.

Go Finland!
    Deviant Gallery

********** |ceWriterguy
    I agree mathgirl. Tis crazy times indeed in which we live, and unless the extreme left is 'headed off at the pass' it'll only get worse. In the 80's, I was denied employment for being too white or not plumbed correctly (they wanted a woman) for whatever job I applied to. Now I suppose it's possible to be 'too conservative' as well. How much further will this assininity proceed before someone comes to their senses?
    Even a broken watch is correct twice a day.

Which coder said that nobody could outcode Microsoft in their own OS? Write a bit and make a fortune!

Banned
    It's easy to blame the going-to-hell-of-this-country on "the left". If this country really is going to hell, and if the majority of people here are right, I wonder what's going wrong... Doesn't the majority get to make the laws anymore?

Extreme left, extreme right... they're all crazy in the coconut, and they're all ruining this country from the inside. You make it a point wanting to oppose those extreme left nuts by wanting to be extreme right? Fine, then instead of just one nut who could be easily ignored we now have two nuts who can't be ignored anymore because they both think they're important enough to be listened to.

These problems are facing us as a country, not as African Americans, European Americans, Asian Americans, etc. We are all simply Americans. If we are to unite and fix them together, we will need to look at all ideas openly, discuss them, and find the best solutions. I hope that in the future, we will be more intellectual in our discourse on campus, and that we can learn from this experience.
    What good is trying to unite African, European and Asian Americans if at the same time you're making another division - in left or right?

() \/V |\| 3 |) |3\/ |\|3G47|\/3
    Originally posted here by Negative
    If this country really is going to hell, and if the majority of people here are right, I wonder what's going wrong... Doesn't the majority get to make the laws anymore?
    The squeaky wheel (read 'left') gets the grease!

And |3lack|ce:

The job situation you defined is completely unfair. The best man (what a horrible word) should get the job. I wouldn't want a job because I'm a woman...or black...or white...or Mexican, but because I'm the best man for the job.

And just for the record...men DO rule the world. /me bows to her Negative.

Go Finland!
    Deviant Gallery

Negative, you have been here for a while. Long enough to see how the majority get's overturn in a court of law, mostly brought about by a minority voice. Otherwise those cases would not exist. The extreme right is just as bad, the problem is they aren't as vocal and the counterbalance is lost through the media exposure on the far left. I think they are refering to balance.

//EDIT

and for the record men do rule the world
    Ms. Thatcher had her day. 12 years I think wasn't it?
    West of House
    You are standing in an open field west of a white house, with a boarded front door.

Banned
    I have been in this country long enough to realize that the so-often-trumpeted democracy and freedom of speech America prides itself on, is a myth

The people that are labeled "extreme left" in this country, would be extreme right in any other country, btw. Somewhere along the way, someone mixed up some terms (must have happened when they decided to switch from left republicans and right democrats to right republicans and left democrats, I assume)

So Negative, you are saying the definition of left and right or different.. Left meaning liberal, right meaning conservative?

Freedom of speach is just one aspect of our Democracy. The problem of freedom is the breakdown of what is communicated as unbiased when it is really cloaked in dishonesty.
    West of House