Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Google storing passwords in clear text!!

Elite Hacker
    I don't see what the big deal is. If you're at home I would hope you can trust your family enough to either not look at your passwords stored in plain text or not do anything with them. If you're at work, or anywhere else public, you're just an idiot to have a program store your password for you. Survival of the fittest!

Banned
    I'd rather have IE remember my password then having it as a sticky on my monitor.

Now that's plain text

Master-Jedi-Pimps0r & Moderator thehorse13's Avatar
    I don't see what the big deal is. If you're at home I would hope you can trust your family enough to either not look at your passwords stored in plain text or not do anything with them. If you're at work, or anywhere else public, you're just an idiot to have a program store your password for you. Survival of the fittest!
    Tsk, tsk. I'm going to have to bust a shoe off in your arse. Why don't you leave your CC numbers on your home PC too. Think about how botnets work (as just one example). Think about what information is gathered from home users (the majority of where this info is glommed from) and reported back to the C&C server. You're lucky I'm in a good mood or I'd have to release the neg-u-lator 3000 on you. Contrats, you have achieved end user status with me.

--TH13
    Our scars have the power to remind us that our past was real. -- Hannibal Lecter.
    Talent is God given. Be humble. Fame is man-given. Be grateful. Conceit is self-given. Be careful. -- John Wooden

Banned
    He He

TH13, I love the semi-foul mood your in!

Also something to point out, don't f*&$n' make all your passwords the same. Sure it helps to remember them all, but as soon as one is comprimised, all will be.

There's nothing that pisses me off more then people here at work that I have to reset their passwords because it isn't their "current" one and they forgot what the old one was.

Also, password reminders! Dammit, that item is to remind you of the password, not a place to write some useless crap.... If your password is "dell123" then your reminder should be "my computer brand + 123" or the likes. (Also note: don't make it that obvious that others can figure it out....)

Sorry for that, my little frustrated rant....

thanks

Take a look at Password Safe, a rock solid password storage/encryption program that does a damn fine job of cleaning up it's own memory space and other common poor programming issues. It's from some of the folks at Counterpane, including cryptography guru Bruce Schneier. I use it religiously.
    My Sincere thanks to zencoder for bringing 'Password safe' to my knowledge. Cheers

You were right, it do
    damn fine job of cleaning up it's own memory space and other common poor programming issues.
    There is no Gravity. Its only because earth SUCKS!!!

Regarding AO, can anybody help me how to change the title of thread. I must change it ASAP if possible. It more related with Microsoft than Google. Am I right...
    There is no Gravity. Its only because earth SUCKS!!!

Elite Hacker
    Originally posted here by thehorse13
    Tsk, tsk. I'm going to have to bust a shoe off in your arse. Why don't you leave your CC numbers on your home PC too. Think about how botnets work (as just one example). Think about what information is gathered from home users (the majority of where this info is glommed from) and reported back to the C&C server. You're lucky I'm in a good mood or I'd have to release the neg-u-lator 3000 on you. Contrats, you have achieved end user status with me.

--TH13
    Bring it on . Should these bots have access to my machine? I guess I see your point, cause you never know, so you're safer not having that type of information on your machine. We shouldn't have to worry about these things .

/me goes on an ethics crusade.