Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lotus Notes Pass Crack

Lotus Notes Pass Crack

Anyone know of a good tool to crack lotus notes ID files. Preferably free. As anyone here knows if you read my previous posts the company doesn't like to spend money.

So that no one else thinks I'm trying to engineer anything out of anyone. Employee left, and we do not have the notes password and want access to the email. As some people with notes know, you cannot reset a notes password like a simple outlook/exchange one. All we've got is the ID file and of course no money.

Now I know an option maybe to recreate the account therefore recreating the ID file, but I'm not sure if that will cause loss of email.

I did a google search and only came up with software that cost money.. anyone know of any that don't?

Doesn't anyone in the company have admin rights over the mail file?

Who ever created the user.id should have rights to recover the password.
    \"You got a mouth like an outboard motor..all the time putt putt putt\" - Foghorn Leghorn

As Whatthe stated, if someone has Admin rights you can pretty simple to recover the password.

I will drop a note to a admin at a local hospital I use to work at, they run Notes, and see if I can give you more exact info. (I did it a few times while I worked there, but that was a while ago and I am drawing a blank).
    ~ I'm NOT insane! I've just been in a bad mood for the last 30 years! ~ Somepeople are like Slinky's: Not good for anything, but the thought of pushing them down the stairs brings a smile to your face!

I have those rights, we only use one account to create the accounts. So I have those rights, My question is how do I do it then. I couldn't find anything online regarding it, and all I can find is something that says if you don't know the lotus notes ID password than your sol. We do not use the web interface so I cannot change that password.

Get the latest copy of the user.id from the mail server.

Domino Administrator|Configuration|Tools|Certification|Extract Recovery Password

Open Notes and hit Cancel on the login box. Choose Try to Recover Password. Browse to where you have the copy of the id file. Enter recorded password. Enter new password in dialogue box.

That should do it. Use a copy of the id and keep the original as is just in case.

Is the mail stored on the server or locally?

If they are on the server you should just be able to open the users mail file.
    \"You got a mouth like an outboard motor..all the time putt putt putt\" - Foghorn Leghorn

I'm logged into domino admin and I don't have those options. I'm using 6.1 if that helps.....

is there a recover password tool for lotus notes? i didnt know that.
    As far i know the only way is to brute force the .id file. If you loose your password, you loose your id.
    Some companies stores original .id files and delivery it as way to recover password. However, if the user had created new certificates and encripted docs with it.... bye bye.
    I would like to receive more info about those recovery tools. Notes has a good security but its also a pain sometimes....
    Meu sítio

FORMAT C: Yes ...Yes??? ...Nooooo!!! ^C ^C ^C ^C ^C
    If I die before I sleep, I pray the Lord my soul to encrypt.
    If I die before I wake, I pray the Lord my soul to brake.

Originally posted here by cacosapo
    is there a recover password tool for lotus notes? i didnt know that.
    As far i know the only way is to brute force the .id file. If you loose your password, you loose your id.
    Some companies stores original .id files and delivery it as way to recover password. However, if the user had created new certificates and encripted docs with it.... bye bye.
    I would like to receive more info about those recovery tools. Notes has a good security but its also a pain sometimes....
    You can get some information from here:

Cheers
    DjM

from further research I found that you can only recover the password if you had setup backup/recovery server when you first created the server and such. Unfortunatly since we inherited this server from the company and it wasn't setup..... thats not an options..... Big bummer cause I was hoping this was going to be quick and i even got my hopes up.

Does anyone know of another way and/or program?

I'm pretty sure there is a program out there, other than the one DJM posted, one of our little angels had it on his computer last year but I can't remember the name. I'll check through my records and see if I wrote it down.