Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The 7 Top Management Errors that Lead to Computer Security Vulnerabilities

AOs Resident Troll
    Jebo Majku

You are being a post whore...posting without really contibuting to the thread....yes and it pisses me off ...cause your wasting my time.

And I am sure there are lots of people like me that dont have alot of spare time

I know I can just ignore your posts...but you are interupting a thread I am very interested in...and I have to wade through your bullshit

With all your statements tonight..looks like you are trying to get banned....

You know when I first joined AO...I lurked for about 6 months...and didnt post much.

I learned about the members and which ones actually offered accurate advice...or were obviously well informed...and I learned...and read...and read...and read

Anyway....if you dont like the "AO LUZERS" then leave...go away

CIAO

MLF
    How people treat you is their karma- how you react is yours-Wayne Dyer

Banned
    I would add (and this was discussed a bit at the recent ISSA CISO event in San Fran) an incorrect business structure that places corporate security under IT is perhaps the biggest threat to security any corporation can face.

Security should report to a CISO/CSO not CIO/IT director/etc.

cheers,

catch

Originally posted here by catch
    I would add (and this was discussed a bit at the recent ISSA CISO event in San Fran) an incorrect business structure that places corporate security under IT is perhaps the biggest threat to security any corporation can face.

Security should report to a CISO/CSO not CIO/IT director/etc.

cheers,

catch
    Hi, can you provide any links for this? I would be very interested to read that.

Assign untrained people to maintain security and provide neither the training nor the time to make it possible to do the job.
    I don't understand (to the most patient thinking) if why the above quote had been bothering someone so much... Any ideas?

Must have touched the guy so much.

Anyway, it's better to try to contribute constructively. You can do it Jebo, right? Besides, training is very useful, make it useful.

Yo!
    \"Life without FREEDOM is no life at all\". - William Wallace
    MyhomE MyboX StealtH (loop n. see loop.)
    http://www.geocities.com/sebeneleben/SOTBMulti.gif

I think the unwillingness of some managers to learn or follow security basics hurts bads. Many don't want to take the time to learn the basics because either they don't think they'll understand or there is the attitude "that's what we pay you for".

I'm talking very basics like strong, private passwords and some discretion opening attachments. This has a huge trickle down effect because if workers know there manager doesn't buy in they know they probably won't be reprimanded.
    \"You got a mouth like an outboard motor..all the time putt putt putt\" - Foghorn Leghorn